Southsea (Portsmouth) - 27/28 (31st?) December

Crap pano stitching … but I totally forgot to check out and set the exposure beforehand.

2 Likes

What a superb evening that was!

4 Likes

I’m going to skip on a planned foggy meetup in the morning … not sure if it will happen.
Think it may have faded before first light.
I’ll wake early (5-ish) and make a quick decision when I look out of the window.

Sunday and Monday look possible for doing something.

Catching sunsets.

2 Likes

You’ve got me geed up for a flight now :wink: I may drive to butser hill for a sunrise tomorrow, but I’ve just had to put main car into garage for an oil leak so I’ll be in a cold slow 70s land rover… Hmmm I wonder how motivated I’ll be tomorrow am!!!

1 Like

I’m getting everything charged … in case it looks irresistible @ 5am.

1 Like

You thinking butser?

If it looks good for fog/mist - yup. 45 minute drive for me, so it needs to look pretty spot-on.
Sunrise is close to 8am … so would hope to be in the car park @ 7am if it’s on.

1 Like

You flown there before? I was trying to work out if it’s “allowed” or not

Nope - not flown there before.

1 Like

It’s owned by Hampshire CC …. which is better than had it been EH/NT.

Flown my paraglider there … some years ago.

1 Like

pmsl … StreetView of the track up to the top! #PermissionGranted! :rofl:

3 Likes

There’s a model glider club with permission for anybody insured to fly there, members or not. Bet they hate drones :wink:

1 Like

That event is organised by a paragliding club - so they still fly there.
But - no/little wind means they’ll stay tucked up in bed.
Should be fine.

1 Like

Just need some FOG! :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve looked out of the window, there’s a bit of haze, but I don’t see fog/must that will warrant getting up @ silly o’clock and the journey … this time.

Checked the M27 cameras, too, and if anything it looks clearer Portsmouth way than here (Soton Airport).

Supported by updated Met Office warning …

Looks good to fly somewhere, later today … even sunshine! :hushed: And both Sunday and Monday look good to fly.
Any ideas for those?

1 Like

No worries I saw your 5am post and went back to bed :wink:

I’m away in Cornwall next week, but I’ll be flying drone down there for sure!!!

1 Like

Another from next to Southsea Castle, last evening.

Hi amazing shots of the pier. How do you get around flying over the road with traffic and people below you. I just seem to attract shouty people when I do that despite adhering to all safety and common sense guidelines.
Regards

Thanks.

By taking off from a secluded patch of ground and being as inconspicuous as possible.
Take off …. into position … take pic …. back and land. Under 30 seconds. :wink: