Sparkes Marina, Hayling Island - Added to Coastal Scenery in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene - Location # 605

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

This is a stroll from my house so parking is no problem for me. I imagine that you could park in the marina car park - and visit the restaurant for a coffee to legitimise what you are doing.

The creek is accessible at most states of the tide, highwater might be a problem. There is a concrete sea wall with a lot of metal in it so keep reasonably clear else your cpmpass may object.

If you look at the pano you will see a field in the centre, zoom in and you will see a landing pad. That is just 50metres from any house or caravan so compliant with the drone code restrictions. An alternative site at low tide is the exposed sandy area at Black Point - the sailing club, accessible by footpath though parking isn’t possible.

The originator declared that this location was not in a flight restriction zone at the time of being flown. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying the same location.

2 Likes

Fantastic, when you go next give me a shout if I can and welcome I might join you get some tips.
I were a little upset on new years eve as myself and the kids were down at the castle and a retired aged guy sat on a bench next to others and took off.looked mavic mini sized flew about 20 feet above people and then went around the castle very close to the walls as well, hovered above people and flew well out of site, I were going to post but were not sure where.
At one point it looked like he lost it as he as watching on the screen then stood up looking in all directions for it and waited for it to return a good 5 minuites.

I fit that description but it weren’t me, guv, honest.

With the growing popularity, ease of use, price and FPV capabilities I think there will be a lot of people being anti-social with drones.

The current legislation is restrictive, but not unduly so and was brought in to curb “nuisance” drones. Unfortunately the culture, at least as I see on our local Facebook forum, is rapidly moving to “I’ll do what the **** I like and if it annoys you, $&^% off!” Confrontation with people holding that attitude, whether in person or via keyboard, doesn’t produce any positive results.

In the case of your OAP miscreant possibly an apparent interest in his aircraft then a quiet word about the regulations may have been effective. Or not :frowning:

Yes I did think of doing so but he had his wife with him and they both looked quite the kind of people that may have had a go back and I had my 3 kids with me who also watched and I put them strait regarding laws etc however even without laws and rules it would have still been wrong in my eyes.
Lol I am sure it was not you in any way.
Shame the keyboard warriors come out in force mate.