Spelga Reservoir - Added to Lakes and Reservoirs in Northern Ireland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Spelga Dam is located in the heart of The Mourne Mountains, it’s a man made dam built in 1960. Free car parking and public toilets adjacent to the dam. Set in a well-known hiking area with plenty of open space to fly and great scenery. Nearest shops, cafes & pubs 7 miles (10 mins drive) away in the town of Newcastle.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 25/10/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Nice to see more NI locations being added by other members @Sam89 . :+1: If it’s not too late to edit the link it’s ‘Spelga’.

1 Like

Renamed here and in DS

@Sam89 thank you for the entry ;o)

1 Like

Cheers mates just back for couple days got ferry crossing on Thursday morning but was itching to fly it seeing as I grew up at the base of these mountains for 20 years

1 Like

I forwarded these pictures to a friend who grew up in NI and now lives in France, he was very impressed.

1 Like

Nice pictures @Sam89 I’ve been trying to get flying there but the weather has been unfavourable any time I’ve been passing.

1 Like

Thanks guys just lucky had to use the mavic 2 pro the wind was getting a bit much. So coming up there