Sprotbrough Falls fly

Yesterday’s fly at Sprotbrough Falls. ITV’s Calendar filmed there the other day with a drone too. Think it was Thursday episode.

https://youtu.be/5NSV8cGWtb4

8 Likes

Love this video Frank, very calm and peaceful. I can sit next to a river all day, I find it so relaxing!

2 Likes

Thanks Steve, I agree it’s a very Peaceful spot. While I was there I saw a small flock of colourful birds making a right racket, not sure if it was the drone that upset them but they looked like parrots :parrot: and apparently after asking around it turns out some have escaped there and are breeding. Must’ve been 10 or 15 of them.

1 Like

Really smooth flying - very enjoyable :+1:

2 Likes

Cheers Ted :+1:

By sheer coincidence I watched a TV programme last night that was talking about the wild Parakeets in and around London. They think they started off as escaped pets and have bred so well over the last few decades their numbers have exploded! I’ve seen them in various places around London but apparently they are now as wide spread as even Glasgow in Scotland! :astonished:

1 Like

Seen them in many parts of London when walking around. There were loads just south of Hammersmith Hospital - on a day when I didn’t have a longer lens with me.

I posted this last October, taken in Regent’s Park …

2 Likes

Thats a great pic Dave! They look awesome when you see a flock of them flying around together. The first time I saw them I thought what the hell are a load of mini parrots doing in London?! :exploding_head: Lol

That is exactly the colour they was Dave. :+1:

1 Like

Nice one @Frank as always :+1:

Thanks Mark :+1:

1 Like