St Andrews Golf Course, St Andrews, Fife Scotland - Added to Beaches and Seaside Resorts in Scotland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

St Andrews Golf Course is situated off the the West Sands and therefore in the RAF Luechars FRZ. I contacted thier ATC on 01334857282 and was told I needed to get a police incident number (pin) for my flight by ringing 101. I contacted the local police and after giving them my details they issued me with the pin. I contacted the ATC just before flying and was given permission to fly after I gave them the pin. I had no issues during my flight using up 3 batteries. I contacted the ATC to notify them that I had completed my flight. The reason for the pin was so that if a Karen or Ken contacted them about my flying they would be advised that I had permission and that the ATC would not require further contact.

Parking was free in the St Andrews Golf Museum just across the road from the 1st hole.

The originator declared that this location was inside a flight restriction zone at the time of being flown. Permission to fly was obtained from RAF Luechars ATC. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

7 Likes

A pin is a great idea. :+1:

2 Likes

@pdm72 I thought that. Had no issues at all. My advice would be to ring early though as the ATC said if I left it later in the day I may not get straight through. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

It is and it isn’t lol, whenever we have a wedding at a venue within an FRZ we have to phone Police Scotland for a PIN before ATC will even consider giving us permission to fly. Getting through on 101 has been known to take up to 15mins!

1 Like

Yeh… Luechars said that, but I rung at 0830ish and got straight through. Took about 5mins. Maybe I was lucky this time!

1 Like