St John The Evangelist Church, Sandbach Heath, Cheshire - Added to Places of Worship in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

St John the Evangelist’s Church is in Sandbach Heath, about 1 mile (1.6 km) northeast of Sandbach, Cheshire

St John’s was built in 1861 and designed by George Gilbert Scott following a bequest of £5,000 (equivalent to £500,000 in 2021). The church is constructed in yellow stone from Mow Cop with red sandstone dressings, and has Westmorland slate roofs.

This location has a couple of possible parking and take off locations on church road that offer good vlos.

I originally parked at the following location but next time I visit I’ll grab the W3W to a slightly better parking location in a gateway 100 yards further up the road past the church on the right hand side (look for the public footpath marker next to fence)

///fend.undivided.swelling

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 15/11/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes