St Peters & The Elizabethan - Added to Historic Buildings in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission obtained.

The medieval church of St Peter was intact at the beginning of the 19th century but is reduced to a ruin today. The chapel is important because of its historic significance, having been restored in the late 16th century by Sir Henry Lee and formerly containing his tomb, together with that of his wife Anne Vavasour.

///processes.nuance.aimed

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 04/08/2018. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

Looks a good spot. Do you know if the landowner permission is indefinite?

1 Like

Good question :+1:t2:

@DronePix can you share the details of the permission?

Was it just for you? Who did you contact? etc :slight_smile:

it has paths to and from it for people to view it i access it via the fields has it’s by my house

Richard

Thanks for this. Was the land owner permission specific to you or generally allowed to take off / land drones? I live in Aylesbury and finding it difficult to find sensible places to fly the drone as a newbie. So your post is a heaven send.

So just to walk to this site today to see what it’s like. Went around noon. Please see the picture below. Couple of places along the foot path from which you may be able to take off and land. I ran in to a group of Historic England volunteers who were there and they indicated that the land may belong to Historic England as that area is designated as former Tudor Manor house and water gardens. They are doing the initial surveys on the site.

Its very quiet and the volunteers told me that I was the second person in that area for the whole time they were there.

Hope this helps.

i live near it so go there a lot

Richard
Drone.Pix

For your own security, your phone number, etc, from your email signature, have been deleted from your post.

2 Likes

It seems this belongs to or is managed by the Buckinghamshire conservation trust.
There was a phone number listed on a poster on one of the gates. 07928 123 076. I have tried to contact the number without success.
I have tweeted them at @Quarrendon_leas. Let’s see what happens.