Stamford , Lincs

Hi : I would like to get some air photos of the town of Stamford, Lincolnshire, with my mini 4 pro … I see it’s in a FRZ ( EGXT Wittering ) been try for the last 4 days to contact ATC wittering for permission to fly , but have no Answer… I only presume they don’t run Everyday ! Also contact Stan ops. Still no answer …

Anybody know how to get permission or to speak to somebody? Also can anybody tell what the EGXT mean ?? Thank you … Steve. .

Use Drone Scene all the info you need

2 Likes

It’s the ICAO code for Wittering.

2 Likes

I couldn’t find any contact details for Wittering ATZ on Drone Scene.

Have you tried these contact details for Wittering ATC?:
(01780) 417050
(01780) 417505
wit-opswgstnops@mod.gov.uk

Edit to add:
Drone requests are to be made within a 48-hour period.
AD and ATS Hours Mon - Fri 0800-1730, Sat and Sun 0900-1700.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

For some reason yours is different to mine:

Ok. I get your version if I click on the rectangle on the right of this image but my version if I click on the red circle over Stamford. I don’t understand why those two areas generate different popups but I am fairly new to this and happy to be educated. :slightly_smiling_face:

Drone Scene only includes ATC contact details on the Flight Restriction Zones layer :blush:

1 Like

Ok. Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

In this case the Airspace Restrictions layer is over the top of the Flight Restriction Zones layer. I seem to remember that there was a recent alteration to Drone Scene that would show both layers information for overlapping zones? I only got the information for the top layer. What have I done wrong?

Nothing really, perhaps a slight misunderstanding :slight_smile:

Yes . I try the numbers … both no reply ! Presume all away this Easter break ?

Ok, I blame my age. :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you for your help.

The OP should have all the info they need to make some progress now.

1 Like

RAF bases tend to have lower staffing levels at weekends and bank holidays. Did you try the email address?

Hi: didn’t see any email address ! Just the tel numbers only

wit-opswgstnops@mod.gov.uk

1 Like

Thank you :pray:

Send email … so waiting for reply

Just one other question: once I receive permission
Is there anything I need to do on my RC2 controller? be my first time to get permission to fly

DJI Mavic 4 pro …

Make sure the fly safe database is fully updated as DJI removed their restrictions in the last one, so you will not need to unlock the zone

Do you mean a DJI MINI 4 Pro

The best advice is also to get public liability insurance, this will also give you the full benefits of Drone Scene

1 Like

you mean a DJI MINI 4 Pro

Yes :+1::+1:

Steve, sorry but you have no chance of a response at the weekend let alone a bank holiday weekend. The service’s are very much a part time affair theses days. I used to fly my glider out of Whittering, it has a lot of storage there now.