Stirling Castle, Scotland

Early start this morning to catch sunrise over Stirling Castle and the Ochil Hills.
M2P - 4 image pano - 1/60sec @ f5, 100iso

M2P - 5 image manual HDR

M2P - 3 image pano - 1/40sec @ f5, 100iso

35 Likes

stunning !! …absolutely stunning
Totally jealous

Excellent views as always

That’s two of us.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks guys @Brigadier @milkmanchris @Mind_the_gap :+1:

1 Like

Well I’m not jealous - honestly :lying_face: :lying_face: :lying_face::rofl:

Truly stunning captures - some of the best yet :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PS – really — I’m not jealous :lying_face: :lying_face: :lying_face: :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Really nice photos will have to visit when I go there this year.

1 Like

Thanks @Jhdee & @Fatboy :+1: Well worth a visit! :+1:

Fantastic pics :+1::black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿:+1:

1 Like

Once again John, truly amazing pics. It’s been a few years since I ve been here. Need to get back sometime. (And to Wallace’s Monument).

1 Like

Thanks @Beesty13 & @CSB73 :+1: Yeah Chris, the castle and Wallace’s Monument are always worth a visit.

1 Like

Stunning :ok_hand:t3:

tenor-48

1 Like

Absolutely stunning, and thank you for saying how you’ve captured each.

I will have to try some manual HDR I think and in 20 years time if I get a pic half as good I’ll be happy!!!

Was the first Pano also a HDR?

Thanks

Beautiful! Well done!

Thanks @Trailblazer @thebigmirror @Fly1 :+1: Tim, the first pano was not an HDR. In Photoshop I edited the sky on a separate layer from the land using curves and levels, to try and balance the exposure.

Wow, hats off to you for managing to get the depth of field to capture the sun and land so well.

A need my day job to let me spend hours playing with images to learn how to do this, rather than the boring stuff I have to do!

You’ve got some great skill, I’m jealous, and happy to admit it

2 Likes

Thanks Tim :blush:

Excellent photos. I’ve only ever seen it from afar on my way up from Stranraer to Blair Atholl. Makes me think about a detour :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Paul, yes definitely worth a detour :+1: Check out the Wallace Monument too.

Brilliant these. Great work again :clap:

1 Like