Stock Photo sites

ThanksšŸ‘ I will give them a look.

Your welcome if you sign up with Alarmy do let me know because I can give you a referral code beforehand

1 Like

I will probably have a go at it at some stage today.

1 Like

OK

1 Like

Drinks on Alex :wink:

3 Likes

Haha, I donā€™t drink so Cokes OK?

1 Like

Iā€™m also an Alamy contributor, have been for over 10 years now, one thing Iā€™ve found is that stock agencies are not keen on images being sharpened and will fail images that look too sharp.

2 Likes

No they arenā€™t

1 Like

I have just put 12 images in, all completly different some with adjustments such as HDR, sharpening or change of contrast and a few that were just as the camera shot them.

:man_facepalming: Not 1 accepted. Maybe I should just accept that Iā€™m not great with a camera :joy:

1 Like

Stupid thing is, Iā€™ve sold prints of photos that these sites rejected. So canā€™t be that bad with a camera :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

:joy: yes, I have done the same. Also, stock companies donā€™t pay contributors much I earn more from private prints and web design than stock!

1 Like

Just a quick update I trailed shutterstock with 0 success from 15 submissions.
I then trialed Getty Images with the same 15 images and have yet to have one rejected :roll_eyes::man_shrugging: I will keep this thread posted should I make a sale. And I will remember each and every one of you when I hit the big time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

It is the opposite for me

1 Like

Strange, I wonder if they are assessed by people or boys there doesnā€™t seem to be any consistency!

Do you mean bots?

3 Likes

:joy::joy:I definitely should have read that again before hitting post.

I definitely meant bots!

Unless there photograph assessment centre is in the Far East then there could be a sweatshop full of Young boys Trawling through thousands of images a day.

4 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Haha

1 Like

Bagā€™0shite

Submitted 27 photos to shutterstock a few days ago and todays response is 27 rejections.
all with the rejection reason of Noise

Well lesson learnt , Iā€™m not wasting another hour submitting to them.

4 Likes

Since submitting my images when I created this thread I am yet to sell an image :man_facepalming:

2 Likes