Stourbridge Canal 16 locks - Added to Rivers and Canals in West Midlands

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Park on streets near by access to tow path. Park considerably.

This is a lovely canal walk through the quick succession of 16 locks on Stourbridge Junction. You've also got the Glass Cone Glass Blowing Museum nearby which you can get some really good photos/video off with some stunning countryside in the background, although if you intend to do that, do it when the Museum is closed.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 05/09/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

6 Likes

That’s an incredible feat of engineering :bowing_man:t2:

The picture doesn’t do it justice, I should have spent a bit more time, but as the OH was with my on the walk I didn’t want to annoy her by stopping and flying constantly. Will edit the video I have orbiting the glass blowing museum at some point and add to the thread.

Its lovely to see this place again, i grew up not far away and used this canal heavily to get to Kinver

1 Like

And here’s the video. Still getting used to filming with the drone. Set my cinemode slightly too slow I think, which in turn has resulted in a longish (if you can call 4 minutes long, but it probably is in terms of drone footage) video. Clearly need to start using those ND filters too!

2 Likes

Some nice sunshine and clouds in the water there. Shame about the (lack of) swans and geese. :grin:

(The Birthday Challenge is going to take a while to wear off.)

Enjoyable - thanks.

1 Like