Strobe mounted at rear of drone

I cobbled together a clip on light using a car LED and a 3S lipo weighing in at 60g and super bright…

1 Like

Anyone seen these/similar mounts elsewhere?
Anyone with 3D printer wanting to knock these up?
$9 each is quite pricey … as nice as they look.

Link repeated to save going back to Ping’s post …
https://www.phantomhelp.com/store/mavic-strobon-cree-strobe-light-mount/

I’ll happily lend mine to someone if they can 3D scan / copy / print for GADC members somehow?

1 Like

I’ve seen some on Thingiverse … but they look slightly more bulky.
I think, for the weight of the Strobon, even the ones in the link above are over “engineered”?
Trying to look into designing something similar, but lighter.

Mine are the ‘version 1’ clips, so they’re two-piece and yes, probably over engineered.

But they weigh nothing, literally just a few grams I’m sure.

The newer ones are one-piece clips so possibly lighter.

Dave, if you do design something, please please (please) design it so the light can stay in the mount AND be charged up! Much as I love Mike Singer at the PhantomHelp sites quite why he chose to cover up the USB charging port on the side is beyond me :slight_smile:

That mod would make sense.
Can’t you cut away to enable charging access?
I don’t even have the strobes, yet … need to wait for my credit card’s month end to pass. LOL!
(Bastard month - mega MOT bills on my car! … and crap pension. :frowning:)

Hmm…

I have a Dremel… So yes, I bloody well could :rofl: That would also save me losing the bloody things, these lights seem to grow legs every time I open the drone case!

Right, job for the weekend, will post pics when done, thanks Dave!

1 Like

So these lights are for daylight use?

Day, dark cloudy, dusk.

Was joking oz
But tbh I may be needing them in daylight

We’ve all lost sight of the MP temporarily. They help.

This was one of those jobs where it takes longer to get all the tools out than it does to do the job itself :roll_eyes:

Charger port cut away, strobes superglued in to the clips :+1:

1 Like

My brains, your skills … we can go a long way! :wink:

I rather like those 2-piece holders. They look a little more streamlined.

Even with those, I reckon if you cut the non-strobe piece in two it would be more than enough to hold the strobe piece.

1 Like

Now they’re glued in to the holders it should stop me dropping or losing them too :roll_eyes:

1 Like