Sub entering Plymouth

Not sure of the name or class of this sub.
Plenty of support and security vessels present though.

18 Likes

cool video,
I’m lucky enough to have been on one of the Trident subs at Faslane. A good friend served in the navy and his last 7 years were under water, we were visiting for the weekend when the base was having a family day. I had to pretend to be his brother in law, and my wife his sister. We got a tour of the boat and I found it fascinating, interesting, unnerving and terrifying all at the same time. This was just before he was shipping off for a long tour, all I know is that they were away to USA for a few months. He couldn’t tell me anything but I guess it was something to do with the nuclear warheads needing checked over :wink:
He was in charge of the supplies, everything from bog roll to weapons I believe. But also 2IC when captain was away to bed, and in charge of the dive planes. He now works in the far east, resupplying oil rigs and earning ten times what he was. Despite the money he still misses it after being out for over ten years

Ex Trident SSBN crew member (marine engineer), bought Victorious out of build in Barrow -in-Furness.

Just a little bigger than the SSN in the video. :wink:

It looks like a Trafalgar class SSN to me, and as there’s only one of them left I’m going to guess it’s HMS Triumph… :joy:

1 Like

Thank you. It certainly looks like you are right.
I’ve been hoping friends that would have been on the Tugs would have let me know.

No one appears to be looking at your drone. It’s a wonder they let you fly that close.

That’s the beauty of the x7 mag on the M3 as it allows me to fly far away and back over land. That being said I also take great care not to fly close to any craft let alone the MOD without their permission or approval.

Well that sort of answered the question as to whether the X7 is worth having :+1:

Especially at 0:50

1 Like

Just curious - is the whole video shot at x7? Or are there parts shot on main camera?

Great video btw, majestic. If there could be a reshoot I’d probably wish for a slow-motion where the sub is turning - would have looked even better. Can M3 do slow-motion with x7 camera?

Thx,

Thanks.
Not all of the video was at x7. The only part shot on the main camera was from 00.24 to 00.43 and I don’t think slow-motion is possible in x7 but will check it out for you.

Aren’t people in Sweden being arrested for doing this?

Nice video.