Sudden warning message on DJI Mini 4 Pro: Aircraft GNSS interference

I have only had the Mini 4 Pro for a few days, but have had a mini 2 for a couple of years.
On Thurs, I was hovering (for about 7 minutes) … not moving the drone at all … nothing obvious changing around me, in a fairly open area when suddenly a warning message appeared on the controller screen (RC 2)

Aircraft GNSS interference. Aircraft unable to fly stably. Land or RTH promptly (Code: 30245). Aircraft GPS interference. Aircraft unable to fly stably. Land or reutrn to home promptly (Code:
30245)

I have never seen this message before on the Mini 2. It stayed on the screen for maybe 5 or 6 seconds, and then cleared. I did nothing, the message cleared and the Mini 4 continued to hover happily for another 10 mins

Is this something I should worry about? Is this fairly common, and I have just been lucky

My plan is to just ‘keep an eye on it’, but wondered if this is something that I should treat more seriously?

Cheers

Hi @BudgieUK pete

Was you anywhere near where they maybe interference if you know at all, was just reading it’s quite un common but someone on another forum on google thought he had a problem when he got the same error code, so his friend took his own drone to same location & got the same error, I’m no expert & others may know better but thought I’d let you know :+1:t2:

I was just about here:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/5tnJgmw2DaqAy5ec8

Although, there is a large building opposite now, that wasn’t there on Street View
It was at a lower altitude to when I took this image:

Again I’m no expert but was just reading some more, when you dropped down would you know if you lost any satellites, as another part I just read said also on this persons flight,

sats and GPS Health had fallen below 4/5, which meant the location data was unreliable.
Eight seconds later, GPS numbers were back in the normal range and the flight controller was satisfied that the position data was OK again.for the rest of the flight.

Then it goes on to say this as also a possibility so the three possibilities contradict each other if I’m reading correct, or possibly one of three things,

The warning message was related to a genuine GPS issue, but what might have caused it isn’t clear.

The number of sats visible in your sky at the time wouldn’t have dropped.
The most likely explanation I can think of is a temporary glitch with the drone’s GPS receiver.
If you don’t see similar things in future flights, it’s probably all fine.

This is all I could find,

Share the airdata

I have not done this before, so not sure I have done this correctly…

Let me know if I have missed something off?

Thanks

1 Like

I would say it is environmental

The sat count is steady at 29/30 and the GPS level is at 5 at the time the fault is logged

satellites gpslevel
28 5
29 5
Aircraft GPS interference
1 Like

Thanks Wayne,

I appreciate you taking the time to look at this. I will try it out in a few areas, and see if I have any repetition of the warning message.

1 Like

No worries Peter, its what this place is all about

Let us know how you get on

Forgive my ignorance but where is the screenshot of the flight diagnostics from please. Is it a seperate program?

Thanks

Mick

and the benefit is, is free :slight_smile:

Possible soucres of interference:
Aircraft ground radar;
Phone / telecommunication masts (several on a building roof in the background);
Arc welding taking place in a factory or a nearby building under construction.

I was relatively close to the railway station…. I did wonder about something from a train (arcing on the overhead line / pantograph)

Thanks for the reply. I’ve had my drone for a few months now, but have yet to fly it, mainly down to the weather and my lack of confidence in flying it even on the better days. Hence I haven’t got any logs to upload to AirData, even though I have registered for a free account when I got the drone. Hoping for better weather to come along.

1 Like