Suggestions for areas to fly in Gloucester

We are taking a break between Christmas and New Year and visiting Gloucester for 3 days.

Do any locals have suggestions for area’s close by to fly over?

We wouldn’t mind an hour or so drive from Gloucester each day if it’s worth seeing,

Cheers,
Mick.

1 Like

Looks like @clinkadink has added a fair spots in the area ;o)

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll take a look on Drone Scene. Should have done that first to be honest !

Barrow Wake view point

1 Like

Thanks Chris.

There are quite a few! It’s a beautiful area. The stretch from Gloucester to Sharpness is stunning, as you have the Gloucester & Sharpness Canal running adjacent to the River Severn. So many Christmas Card villages along the way too.

Crickley Hill Country Park is about 15 minutes east, that has amazing views all around.

All of ones I’ve done around there are on Drone Scene. But to be fair, I’ve not long branched out into Gloucestershire.

Blue pin = Flown, Green pin = want to fly

Ah, just above the Hot Air Balloon pub. Must admit, haven’t been there. And it’s only a few minutes from Crickley Hill Country Park.

@notascooby thanks, I will add this to the list, looking good.

@clinkadink wow, you get about a bit !
On the list so far are,
Tewkesbury Abbey
Cleddon Shoots Waterfall
Crickley hill
Tirley Village (Haw Bridge)

1 Like

Forgot to mention, you also have access to the Wye Valley AONB, running down the west side of the River Severn from Gloucester. Now that place is crammed with great sites.

You may want to add the Great Witcombe Roman Villa too, it’s just over a 5 minute drive from Gloucester. I did a video on it, set in a lovely valley just off the Cotswolds Way.

Bloody rain.
We are here and have looked around Tewkesbury Abbey and Gloucester Cathedral today with no chance to fly.

1 Like

Should be clear in Gloucester between 12 and 3 pm :+1: