SUNDAY 18 SEPTEMBER 0930hrs - Humber Bridge (and maybe beyond)

Huh…. You ain’t seen ‘em :grinning:

3 Likes

Karl can’t answer your question about ‘is it good for flying?’
But I’m sure he’ll tell you how great it is for crashing TeeHee :laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

There are several perfect for fpv. It really did show me up. How crap I am :laughing:
Not enough delicate stick time

1 Like

At least you had a go mate. I bottled it. I Need much more practice too!

4 Likes

Had a cracking day out - came back with lots of footage and photos.

Was great to put a few faces to the names after a few years too.

A couple of great spots despite the wind and a bando that will be getting a few return visits soon!

3 Likes
3 Likes

Thats normally my job :laughing:

1 Like

Thats the key I reckon, regular intricate flying :+1:t2:
Break anything?

1 Like

Its easy thinking about it but when its there infront of you it can be daunting :grimacing: Ive bottled it many times after turning up and seeing the place in real life rather than videos lol

3 Likes

Looks like you all had a great time up there today :star_struck:
No powerloop of the Humber Bridge Karl? :grin: @notveryprettyboy

1 Like

Broke 1 prop and clipped the others. Need a throttle scale i think. Too much power

2 Likes

But it was good until that point :clap::clap:

2 Likes

Definitely worth a try :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Thank Steve, and Chris, for looking after the dire wolf while I was trying not to fall off a scooter :kick_scooter: Great fun :smiley:

And I can see the addition in this FPV malarky, also great fun :sunglasses:

Had a result on the toll bridge too, they only charged me £1.50 each way :clap:t2:

Got home about 6pm, all good. Thanks for a top day out guys, nice to finally meet you after all these years.

Glad you were all impressed with the orange gear!

10 Likes

Daunting and I brought way too much stuff with me.

Defo going back

3 Likes

Bunch of yobbos.

4 Likes

My thanks to all that attended, cracking day, shame the weather was so crap, but we managed to get in a fair bit of flying, and even more banter.

Until next time, cheers lads

7 Likes

Thanks Chris @milkmanchris for organising this meetup. First time at the bridge, enjoyed it immensly :+1:
It was good to meet @mike5 and @PingSpike at last.
As for the other old retrobates, I’m looking forward to seeing you all at the next one :smiley:

Cheers guys, of the best club I’ve been in :+1:

7 Likes

Yes Rich, seriously thinking I’ve bought my last DJI :smile:

Impressed also with your Mavic GCS mods and that CS monitor. Next time I’ll have to bend your ear about the RF amplifiers you’ve fitted, I’m thinking they must be bi-directional or twins to get your telemetry and video back over those distances ? for another day…

4 Likes

Likewise @Steviegeek !

Yes indeed, it’s running two amplifiers, full build thread over here: My DIY Ground (Base) Station project build for the DJI Mavic Pro and Inspire

3 Likes