Sunset - Costa Adeje (Non Drone)

Last year above Adeje, I’ll be taking the drone again in 9 weeks

https://viewer.hangar.com/360?productId=vrNR5Oqr

3 Likes

Great image but reading their Drone regs you can face a big fine if you get caught. No fly zones are all over the place including national parks too. Adeje is frequented by helicopters a lot, I’ve seen plenty over here today and that’s another reason why Adeje is on the no fly zone list. I would have loved to have brought mine over but, for me anyway, the risk is too high. Hope you enjoy your trip too.

I hear your comments on the helicopters, and know for deffo that flying in the Tiede National Park is a 6000 euro fine, but I’ve never seen evidence that Costa Adeje is in NFZ.

1 Like

Hi you should check out this site for detailed maps for Tenerife. You will have to choose the recreational map then scroll over to the island and zoom in and then click the red areas for info. https://drones.enaire.es/

You will see that flight over Adeje needs permission from the helicopter company. Generally though, flights over buildings, people and beaches is forbidden.

Ok in Los Cris then ;o)

1 Like

Love the picture, Is that you standing in the car park below?

John

1 Like

You’ve got better eye’s than me! Can’t see him!

1 Like

I stayed in Costa Adeje last summer with the family and agree there are a load of low flying helicopters around and a permenant nfz in place (see map already provided by @wpbooth.

I managed to get some flying in however, around the quieter parts of the island. Towards the north near Masca, we went off the beaten track a bit and took some of my favourite shots ever like the one below looking out towards La Gomera.

There is a flight advisory in the area - didn’t entirely understand it tbh as it seemed to suggest there was sensitive fauna (or maybe too many birds) and wasn’t sure if that meant a ban on drones or not - so just avoided the area to be safe.

I did also manage to fly on the edge of the National Park boundary road (see previous post) https://greyarro.ws/t/the-daily-video-thread/6523/37?u=lozzer

1 Like

I think it may be this person…

On the terrace :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, that was my guess. The guys at the top of the car park look to be pushing luggage around :rofl:.

Thats the hospital car park ;o)

1 Like

Lol… Why were you on the roof of a hospital :flushed::rofl:

Hospital is next door and the car park runs right up the back of the apartment complex

Haha, sorry it’s a damp patch on the car park. Promise to look harder next time!!!

1 Like

Another iPhone Adeje sunset with the islands in the background.

2 Likes

La Gomera ?

1 Like

It is indeed and the one behind is La Frontera I think. Never seen it before as it’s normally to hazy.

1 Like

The sunsets on that side of the island are amazing, nice pic chap!

The only bother I got in Tenerife with my drone was when I tried to use it on the balcony, to film a hyperlapse of that same sunset. It was stationary, sitting on a ledge but we were overlooking a pool and some fat chav complained that I was filming her mini orca (plus implying I was flying it around the resort, which I clearly want!) and security asked me to turn it off… Used my phone instead but the quality wasn’t nearly as good in low light… Humph

Thanks for the nice comment on the image @anon52324101. It’s certainly a place to get some good sunsets when it’s not to hazy. Out on a boat this evening whale watching so may get some better shots out at sea.

As for your drone hyperlapse, it just goes to show that there’s always someone who will stick their oar in and spoil an opportunity for people who are just doing something they like to do.

1 Like