Sunset over flooded Cowbit Wash

I thought I would share tonights sunset over the Cowbit Wash in Lincolnshire, which is currently flooded. The wash was a flood plain for the River Welland, separated from Cowbit village by an earth bank that carries an unclassified road. Previously the Welland overflowed regularly with the water freezing in wintertime.

A relief channel (Coronation Channel) was constructed at Spalding and Cowbit Wash had not been used since the 1950s.

This year the bank of the Welland failed and the flood plain is underwater again.

16 Likes

Absolutely stunning :+1:

Thank you. These were straight out of the camera of the Mini 4 pro with just a bit of negative EV adjustment when taking them. This is the first time I have flown it at sunset, really impressed with what this little camera can produce.

1 Like

Fabulous images, thank you for sharing. :grinning:

1 Like

Great images just down the road from me. A lot of flooding in the area at the moment

Wow, I agree with Mike5, stunning photos, particularly given no post flight edit too.
Good job!

Thank you :smiley:

Love the look of the clouds in 1st & 2nd pictures, good job

Thank you. We sat in the car watching the scene develop as the sun went down and used up a couple of batteries on the drone just hovering and waiting for the light to change. We had some good luck being in the right place at the right time.

1 Like