Swallow Falls - Added to Rivers and Canals in Wales

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

https://dronescene.co.uk/images/uploads/fullsize/20230321120504_20230319_123414.jpg

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

This is a great location, with free roadside parking at W3W: ///avoiding.skillet.overture
There are dramatic vertical rock faces, trees on either side of the river, and the famous falls on the Afon Llugwy. If that’s not enough, it’s also very close to the A5, so it’s a fairly narrow corridor.
Think fast-flowing white water and low overhanging trees and you’ll have an idea of what it’s like down near the river (the still image was taken with a phone).
There is a £2 entry fee to visit the actual site (as at the time of posting), but it’s well worth paying and taking a good look at what’s down there before you fly…
Roadside TOAL point at W3W: ///unguarded.bystander.directors – just pick a quiet time…

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 19/03/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

5 Likes

I love these falls, I’m normally down at the bottom with the camera getting soaked by the spray, great to see it from a different perspective.

1 Like

Thanks @Stomper - it’s a really tempting location!

Ah, brings back memories - took my girlfriend (now wife) there back in 1991, just after I’d bought my first car - our first road trip :slight_smile: The picture still pops up regularly on my digital photo frame…

1 Like

You should take your wife back for a drone flight Neil…

I’m such a bad pilot, I’d be in those trees in no time :slight_smile:

I actually go to Wales every year with a car club and we drive past there most trips but we don’t stop…

1 Like

I suspect that most of us have done a bit of strimming with drones from time to time…