Swanbridge Bay - Added to Coastal Scenery in Wales

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission obtained.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 31/12/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes

Thanks for the add @GreyCat !

1 Like

Thanks, can you tell me how you contact the owner to get permission?

Calling @GreyCat

Come in @GreyCat …

I’m here.

Sorry, been really busy with work then was away in Glasgow all of last week on a DGSA course… (no internet access but then again with course homework each day didn’t have time for homework!).

Swanbridge Bay: if you go to the correct place it’s Crown Foreshore so presumed permission to fly. Just make sure you’re a bit east of the causeway, as the causeway is privately owned- NOT Crown Foreshore. Also if you’re too close to the Captain’s Wife you might get some signal interference.

Best access is to park at the Captain’s Wife (choose a quiet time) and walk through from there; or if you’re a bit more energetic, park at the Sully playing fields and walk from there.

If you’re discrete and have a Mini/Mini2 the Wales Coastal Path runs at the far side of the playing fields and it’s a public footpath and easy to access.

Also- check the tides before you go, try go on a Spring tide, if you arrive about 2 hrs before schedules low tide you’ll get 2 or 3 hours to play before the water comes back.

GC

2 Likes

I want to fly here @GreyCat, but there are no parking or take off and landing markers. Would you be able to add some to the map please?

Hi Jon, as per the original email, there’s a car park for the Captain’s Wife pub/bar/grill nearby and that’s where I always parked (it’s also where people who go over the causeway to Sully Island tend to park). No take off/landing markers as I usually did that on the part of the beach uncovered at low tide, technically they are in the sea :grin:

I haven’t been there for a while so I don’t know the deal with the parking, typically I would go on a day when the pub was shut, out of holidays (so the nearby caravan park was quiet) and about 2 hours before low tide on a Spring tide phase.

If you feel adventurous, there’s a causeway to Sully Island uncovered at low tide but do heed the signage about tides, there’s people rescued by the RNLI regularly because they misjudge the tide, it comes in VERY quickly around there.

GC