Taking my Drone to Bulgaria

Hi there, if you are flying a sub-250g drone, you don’t have to much just registering is enough. No I didn’t get DG CAA. It would safer to do so. I would encourage you to get the permission if you have time.
Pls see below the email I got from CAA Bulgaria:
" A new EU drone regulation (EU Regulation 2019/947) entered into force, as it introduced a certain set of rules regarding the UAS operations – UAS operator registration, remote pilot training, several categories of UAS operations, etc.

Please refer to https://www.easa.europa.eu/domains/civil-drones-rpas and Новини | Drone for more details.

There are several key steps, that should be taken by the persons who intend to fly a UAS in Bulgaria.

First, you have to be registered as a UAS operator in the Member State where your permanent residence is (if EU citizen) or your first operation will be (if non EU citizen). The registration in Bulgaria is a web-based service and can be done at https://drones.caa.bg.

A UAS operator cannot be registered in more than one Member State at a time. That registration is valid all over EU, including Bulgaria.

Second, you have to complete an online training course and exam for A1/A3 subcategories as a minimum. If you will fly with a UAS with MTOM of less than 250g, there is no requirement for training.

The training and the exams can be completed in any EU Member State.

Third, there are forbidden/restricted areas for UAS in Bulgaria. Please refer to ИНТЕРАКТИВНИ КАРТИ | Главна дирекция "Гражданска въздухоплавателна администрация" for more details. If you intend to fly in any of those zones, please, submit a request to DG CAA via ans@caa.bg.

Fourth, bear in mind that a third-party insurance is required in some cases and any incident or accident with UAS is reported to DG CAA.

Fifth, it should be taken into account the category of the UAS and the relevant authorisations to be obtained, if applicable.

In general, you can fly without further authorisation as far as you comply with the requirements of the open category as per Regulation (EU) 2019/947, if:

1. you are flying no higher than 120m,

2. the UAS is always in the visual line of sight of the remote pilot,

3. you are registered as an UAS operator,

4. you have completed the necessary training and/or examination for the remote pilot, if applicable,

5. you don’t fly over people/assembly of people,

6. you use the particular UAS, as specified for the certain open subcategory, and

7. you don’t fly in forbidden/restricted zones.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us for further information."

Hope this helps
Best