Taking pictures in portrait mini 2

I have seen a couple of mentions about shooting in portrait mode on the mini 3 when it comes out.

I would assume that this will be like the 16:9 mode on the mini2 and just cut down on the amount if available resolution by just zooming/cropping the picture.

You can easily take very high resolution portrait images on you mini 2 buy just taking a verical panorama and stiching it together in post.

Most of my recent pictures are HDR photos of about 6 to 9 images merged together and that way i get higher resolution pictures with very little cropping.

Most of my photos go on social media and I actually like the way portrait pictures look on walls over landscape.

I hope this helps someone and if you want a demo im sure i can make some kind of video on the subject.

1 Like

No. The camera rotates 90° on the gimbal so that the whole sensor is logically used.

1 Like

I do the same :+1: All of my portrait mode images on Instagram are vertical panos stitched in Lightroom. As @Gavinnewcombe says, it creates higher resolution images.

2 Likes

Really? Cool I stand corrected. Does the A2S and mavic 3 do this also.

As far as I know it was only the original Mavic Pro, so far.

2 Likes

The M1P camera being rotated into “portrait” position, and back, a couple of times.

G_20220405_0901323

I videoed in “portrait” mode … for effect.

:running_man:

2 Likes

If only Instagram retained resolution.

3 Likes

If only Instagram went back to its original 1:1 ratio, life was so much simpler :wink:

1 Like

The resolution they used was a lot worse back then, though.

1 Like

*designed for the iPhone of the time

1 Like

@Drumsagard @Gavinnewcombe are you able to post some examples of your portrait photos from the Mini 2?

Thanks

2 Likes

4 Likes

Haven’t really played around with panos. Is there a option to just take a 3 shot vertical pano?

Would the Light Room app on the iPhone stitch the shots?

Great photos :+1:t3:

Just take 3 separate photos yourself, keeping the drone still tilt the camera up or down overlapping each frame by about 25%. Lightroom Classic stitches them togther fine, not sure about the app as I’ve nver used it.

1 Like

I think on most DJI drones there’s a 3-pic vertical pano option.

1 Like