The Daily Photo Thread

It probably goes round driven by an electric motor rather than wind … just there to make you feel good. :wink:

1 Like

This is a local farmers and runs his ventilation system on his chicken sheds.

Check out my earlier pano, there are literally 00’s of the things within a 15 mile radius of me.

1 Like

I do recall.
The ones for my Treasure Hunt belonged to a farm. No other ones for miles’n’miles!

Fantastic night pictures what settings did you have.

:wink:

2 Likes

9 Likes

![image|690x387](upload://3gMGczV9V3t FumlTXYmXO777KboR.jpeg)
S
St.Edmunds church at Kellington near Eggborough.Yorkshire

4 Likes

Wasn’t until I got the MP up there that I realised they were working on the cables :wink: they were happy to wave for the camera.

13 Likes

Excellent !

1 Like

One of my favourite flying spots @Brian

1 Like

I was flying there from the foreshore a few weeks ago. I was spotted by the security cameras dotted around the bridge. A security van pulled up and parked a short distance away making me feel a little uncomfortable. However, now I know that I was flying from Crown property with permission, (the foreshore) I won’t feel so intimidated in future.

1 Like

I fly there quite a bit without issue, if you don’t mind paying the £3 return the other side is a lot quieter.

On the foreshore side is the old docks at St Andrews Quay also a good site

1 Like

I’m thinking of going along to Spurn point. Tho it’s RSPB property, I think I can take off from part of the foreshore and overfly the old lighthouse that’s still there.

1 Like

Not been up there yet but my friend did get told by the wardens up there not to fly his, he did manage a 5 mile flight tight the way along it and back though first

I think the wardens go home at about 5pm, which if I time it right and arrive about 4.15, a good stroll around and down to near the lighthouse should see me in the clear. During the day you even have to pay to park your car, so I always park on the main road and walk onto Spurn.

1 Like

But shouldn’t you check that the no fly rule is valid and if it is shouldn’t all drone pilots respect it?
I see quite a lot of videos and images, around the web, taken from drones that clearly haven’t respected the drone code (obviously you can’t tell what local bylaws say from such imagery) and I just wonder how much some of the issues we see about encounteres with landowners, the public and general nosey Parkers is brought on by drone user not respecting the rules.
I’m not knocking you Brian but I do think we need to respect local rules and byelaws. Of course question them when we think they’re wrong but I personally don’t feel comfortable flouting them.

2 Likes

I have checked the entire area. As any responsible pilot would.
I’m allowed to take off from a part of the foreshore at low tide, marked in purple on the map, amazingly it’s not for from the lighthouse.

Or just outside the entrance to Spurn. There are isn’t a NFZ for that area, other than it’s owned by the RSPB.
As long as I maintain the legal minimum altitude there and back I’m not breaking any codes, bylaws or rules. I would prefer to take off from the foreshore as it’s nearer the lighthouse.
The only reason why I would wait till the car park attendant/patrolman has gone home is to avoid confrontation and any misunderstanding and having to explain that they may prohibit the flying of drones from their property but can’t prohibit them from flying over, they don’t own the airspace.

2 Likes

No sea up here in the Midlands…

10 Likes

The derelict Speedway and Stock Track. Such a waste.

9 Likes

Mersea. Always wondered what this place would look like from MP perspective after viewing from google earth. This is a crop so going back for more detail and better light.

12 Likes