The Daily Photo Thread

FYI, that photo would be very eligible for the 2018 Winter Treasure Hunt Challenge and in particular, treasure item # 26 :

That photo would also be eligible for a bonus point due to the chimneys @DTH

Of course, only If you’d like to get the ball rolling on that challenge and take the immediate first place on the leaderboard? :smiley:

3 Likes

Cracking subject Ozone and you obviously have great faith in your equipment :metal:

2 Likes

A nice misty morning to get things ticking

11 Likes

The Misty Moments badge coming your way! :+1:

3 Likes

Yes please :blush:
I may struggle with everything else on that list though :smile:

So - you need to post in that thread. :wink:

1 Like

First attempt at Night Flight :smiley: and first post to Greyarro.ws :smiley:

12 Likes

Look
At
That
Sky!
:+1:
And Hiya! :wave:

2 Likes

Hi Paul / @pauldsmart! And welcome to GADC!

Probably the fastest from joining the forum (19 minutes ago) to posting a photo! Congratulations on that achievement!

Definitely the fastest from joining to gaining the Night Flyer badge! :+1:

If you have a moment - perhaps you’d post something about yourself in the #introductions category?

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members [Edit: When it’s working again! #oops!]. This is a relatively new feature so not everyone is on there as yet, but I’m sure there are other members in your neck of the woods that will come and say Hi that may also have ideas on locations.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map : Members’ Location Map - A Guide)

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown. Obviously, this is mainly populated by posts from the more sedate drones than yours, but there’s always a change that it might be of assistance.

Wow thank you :slight_smile:
I shall post in the intro shortly.

• Paul
1 Like

Hi @pauldsmart, And welcome from all the Guys N Gals (I have’nt forgot you Bonnie & Co !)
We are a friendly bunch at this Forum, chuck us a Banana ! and will most answer anything to do with drones.
It is always nice to see peoples photos and videos, especially so fast.
Would you like to share the settings that were used for your photo?
I would assume that it was a long exposure ,in order to get the starry night effect.
the resolution looks fantastic !, Keep up the great work !.
Santa just arrived today for me with my Mavic 2 pro, so i just joined the big boys, so to speak !

had a nice foggy / misty day here too … but was unable to fly due to the crazy thing called work!! Great shot!!

2 Likes

Those streetlights are seriously bright!!! :see_no_evil:

Indeed!

Great photo @pauldsmart :smiley:

Settings please!
I’ve tried and failed to get a clear shot of the sky like that for an awful long time now

Love it.

1 Like

Not sure 100% of the settings as I didn’t keep originals.
I can tell you that the stars were exposed separately to the town.

Im still VERY new to the interface on the drone so taking my time with it.
However you are close with the long exposure though don’t forget the 500 rule, or you’ll end up with trails of light rather than pinpoint stars.

For those not in the know of the 500 rule !!
Here’s the 500 Rule:

500 Divided By the Focal Length of Your Lens = The Longest Exposure (in Seconds) Before Stars Start to “Trail”

For example; let’s say you’re taking a shot with a 24mm lens on a full frame camera. 500 / 24 = 21 seconds, which you can round to 20 seconds.

3 Likes

Thanks Chris,

Sorry I should have been more specific!

1 Like

While trying to get a few pics for the winter tresure hunt on a visit to Center Parcs this weekend I got this one from above the tree line.

9 Likes

Golden Hour Flyer badge now on your profile! :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you very much:blush:

2 Likes