The Daily Photo Thread

A few shots from a shoot I did yesterday in Solihull.

Nothing spectacular but was nice to get the drone out :grin:

21 Likes

love the shots

1 Like

I wonder if there is a close up of the pink kayak for a certain colour challenge! (Pic 1)

He maybe fancied a race :grin:

This is the Pink Eye Building, Warrington.

10 Likes

Unfortunately not, said canoe was too far away and too small. A crop would just result in blown-out pixels. :slightly_smiling_face:

A few from this morning around Blackpool

16 Likes

Tulip fields just outside of King’s Lynn, Norfolk.

27 Likes

A couple more local shots, first Hough Mill near Swannington Leics, and another of Coalville Clock Tower, this time with the remembrance lighting on at dusk. I think this must have been switched on to honour the last D Day veteran who passed recently, Henry Billinge:

14 Likes

Verry nice. RIP Henry. :hugs:

Could anyone confirm the reason for the red illumination, I had thought it was to honour Henry Billinge but it could also be for the fallen in the Falklands?

Is it not a visual reminder of the poppies which featured in some First World War fields of battle? This is why the red poppy is a symbol used to commemorate those who lost their lives during World War One (as well as other conflicts that unfortunately followed). :pensive:

Hazy noon sunshine today - Blackpool Tower just visible on the horizon :slight_smile:

( screengrab from DJI Goggles, iFlight DC2 )

5 Likes

Been away some time with life in general. First time out this year with mini 2 and mavic pro.

14 Likes

Yes that’s correct but it is normally lit with white light except during remembrance week in November. I was curious why they are using the red in Apr/May.

A few shots from Fleetwood and Cleveleys.

18 Likes

Love ullapool , good bike weekend from glasgow,

The trippy dazzle ferry at the pierhead in Liverpool, and a few other photos from that jaunt back to the old hometown.

14 Likes

PRE SUNSET

12 Likes

I love these! Is that the Humber Bridge faintly on the horizon in photo 1, and is the 2nd photo looking towards the Wolds in the Market Weighton …. South Cave sort of direction? I used to live near Beverley and it looks reassuringly familiar.