The Daily Photo Thread

You need to upload .jpeg / .jpg images to display on the forum, rather than .DNG

2 Likes

A few shots from yesterday on the North Yorkshire Moors

9 Likes

I use Snapseed, they have got a couple of auto adjusts which will get your image looking pretty good. You can go in and fine tune but the presets will do you whilst you get some experience

first flight using my M2P at Hadleigh Castle

11 Likes

The later 2 photos were taken with a little playing around in manual with ND filters

Some cracking photos! :+1:

These also gain you the Monument Master and Coastal Flyer Badges on your profile! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Maaaan, that is a beauty :clap:

This is from the topof the Kirkstone Pass in Cumbria looking towards Ambleside. The settings are all automatic but I keep it set to do exposure bracketing. I’ve cropped and straightened it - I need to recalibrate the gimbal again.

12 Likes

Such a beautiful part of the country :blush:

1 Like

Autumn is here… and there was a half-hour break in the rain.

3 Likes

A different perspective…

5 Likes

Got some great shots of Harringworth Viaduct near Oakham last week, quite flooded round there but makes for some unique images

11 Likes

Lovely pictures. It’s certainly a viaduct with all that flooding!

1 Like

These didn’t come out as good as I hoped, I’ll have to try a repeat visit and experiment with different settings. Taken earlier this evening, this is the Trafford Centre (note this is in a FRZ, I contacted the ATC in advance, although they don’t operate the aerodrome after sunset, so not technically a FRZ at night time).

12 Likes

FRZs are in place 24/7 … irrespective of whether the associated airport is active or not.
As is the case with the extended runway parts of an FRZ, irrespective of whether the runway they line up with is active.

(Just mentioning in case someone misunderstood.)

2 Likes

Fair enough. My approval email from the aerodrome reads: “the above request falls outside of our air traffic service opening times (sunset at this time of year) therefore the FRZ is inactive.” In any event, they seem to operate a good system, with a web-based form to request approval, and they replied very promptly to my request.

3 Likes

Getting it in writing is always good.

I think they really mean that their flying in the zone will be inactive.

1 Like

Btw … excellent pics! :+1:

Love the third one.

1 Like

Great photo

Great pics @kvetner would be nice to do an orbit of the dome :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: