The day (17/10/18) I lost the Inspire

Possible if that was what it was set to.

No, it was set for return to home.
I tried that with the DAT file and I got totally lost.
I’ve emailed Airdata, apparently they have a Beta version that opens DAT files.
I uploaded it and that is when it told me that it will open in Beta, obviously it never as you have to apply.

You can use CsvView from the link I posted to read and visualise dat files.

Upload the dat to Dropbox or something and post here and we will try take a look.

1 Like

Well the way I see it I’ll never trust Litchi if RTH can fail despite it being set.
It’s like this, would you roll up £3K into a wad take a drive to a wooded area and then chuck it? That’s exactly how I now view Litchi…:money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

There’s the DAT log viewer that @callum already mentioned (twice) and the one in step 6 of the link I sent you.
You don’t need to bang your head on the AirData wall. You asked if AirData accepted DAT, and I responded accordingly … even tho, yes, they are working on a beta.
The others already work … and have done for years.

1 Like

I think you’re being a little harsh on Litchi.

Let’s see what the logs say is the cause before attributing blame.

Anything that can achieve what’s in these videos can’t be that bad.

Accepted. Those videos are in mission mode.
I always set the end of mission setting to return to waypoint 1 (above take-off) … even if I set a final waypoint that’s close enough to act in the same manner … from where I can take control.

I had something go strange with a mission that was all my mistake (even tho I never worked out exactly what). I cancelled the mission and used RTH and it worked fine.
Agreed, that’s not a proof of what happens when connection is lost … I just had a huge hotel in the way … but I had a good video down-link at all times.
(I would have flown it back had I not already faffed about long enough and only made the start of the wedding service by 30 secs. :stuck_out_tongue: )

PS: As soon as I get time, and for my own peace of mind, I shall fly using Litchi in FPV mode and switch off the RC … and report back what happens. I’ll try all three settings … RTH, Hover, Land.

Yes I know, I had two long hard days and I was just expecting to see something more like Airdata that someone like me could understand, we are not all experts at everything like you believe it or not.

I’m no expert - I think I used the one Callum mentioned just once. I’ve just seen people post the results of the other two over the years so, without using them, I know that they work.
Likewise, from other posts on the subject, I know Airdata doesn’t … atm.

Thank you Callum, I did look at it but not knowing what I’m doing (Trying to learn another new something) and being tired I gave up and tried an alternative.
I’ll see what I can do with Dropbox, I’ve not used it for years.

Yeah I’ll second that.

I’ve seen people crash their drones (and recover them) and often the drone battery has come out because of the impact of the crash.

So to have the strobes flashing away regardless is a potential life saver. Coupled with the fact the batteries on those things lasts for hours! All helps in the search and rescue operation :+1:

Congrats too on joining Andy @Ktm250 in earning the ultra-rare Drone Rescue badge :blush:

3 Likes

I would recommend strobes just for this reason alone.
Thanks for the badge Rich :grinning:

1 Like

Below is the Dat file link, I have added pics from Airdata too.
I could upload the previous DAT file to this if needed.

Airdata2

Airdata4

Airdata6

Airdata8

The DAT file you uploaded doesn’t tie in to the flight.
The Inspire is only switched on for 90 secs, no flight.
Is that the one when you checked it was still working?
In which case it’s the previous one needed.

Edit: In fact it’s not even the correct date - it’s yesterday.

The drone creates an onboard log file every time it’s switched on.
Need the one for that flight.

1 Like

The device log file you uploaded to AirData … stick that on Dropbox, too … I’ll take a closer look at that data.
See what we can find out. :+1:

1 Like

Good job I downloaded the lot :laughing:
I’ll do that later when I get home.

1 Like

Cool.
The files might have original date/time stamps - uncertain.
Stick the previous 4 or 5 up if uncertain. Takes seconds to check them.

Not something I’ve had cause to consider - but if they beeped as well …. :+1:

I wondered why that file was only around 15mb when you said they are huge, I didn’t give it a thought about the dates, I thought that was the date it was uploaded, obviously now looking at the others I can see this is not the case.
I think there are 11 files for the 17th but not sure how much space in my Dropbox, still uploading at the moment.

1 Like

Start with the last 3 in sequence … 1 you checked it still switched on, then perhaps one of the 2 before is the flight.

1 Like

You can do that in Go4 but if the battery pops like Rich said then you’re stuffed, it also depends if you can reconnect if you’ve lost connection like I did I suppose.
I know the tracker I have here somewhere you can ring it, I had that back last Christmas, I’m thinking I might be putting it on the Inspire if we can’t figure out why it went down.