The day (17/10/18) I lost the Inspire

From the phone tho, for @MementoMori , it will only have the data whilst connected. It would be useful to get the data for the whole flight from the Inspire - which will include after connection was lost.

2 Likes

Thank you @callum, Iā€™ve connected it as @OzoneVibe has posted, the trouble is I decided it might be good to download all my flights from it, I donā€™t think that was a wise move, only 30% in of about 40 to 50 files maybe.
Itā€™s sat in front of the PC over my keyboard so now I have to use my phone :laughing:

Thanks @Brian, Iā€™ll have to look at that when I can get back on my pc, see above :slight_smile:

1 Like

I donā€™t know too much about the inspire. But the flight logs can be uploaded from the inspire to airdata, Theres an ā€˜uploadā€™ selection box at the very bottom of the first page, I assume there is a connector or WiFi and selected in the same way as Iā€™ve attempted to describe.

Well itā€™s downloading @OzoneVibe, I should have just gone for the specific file rather than thinking I can look at them all if I copy the lot :blush:

What was your Litchi ā€œ signal lost behaviour for manual flyingā€ set to?
Iā€™m really interested to know because I have no confidence in Litchi after my issues last year.

Does Airdata do DAT files.
They should download by Christmas :rofl:

RTH, goodness knows why it didnā€™t come back.

1 Like

Yup - the onboard log files are huge!

1 Like

I only found that out by going into the app via the settings of the iPad, not through the app itself.

Nope. A shame that.

thats being two honest

1 Like

Bugger

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

How far above the trees were you?

Did you find it at last reported location?

Iā€™m wondering if its possible you clipped a tree and lost connection as it dropped below the treeline.

Post up a link to the .DAT file when you get it downloaded.

1 Like

That was a close call. Glad it ended well.

Those tall pines are a sod to climb.

2 Likes

I was way above them, no chance of clipping them.
It was at or around the last reported location, Iā€™m wondering if it hovered until the battery went low enough for it to auto land hence why there is little damage.
I think falling from near 290 feet it would have had a lot more damage.

1 Like

I donā€™t think I could have been doing that :rofl:

Possible if that was what it was set to.

No, it was set for return to home.
I tried that with the DAT file and I got totally lost.
Iā€™ve emailed Airdata, apparently they have a Beta version that opens DAT files.
I uploaded it and that is when it told me that it will open in Beta, obviously it never as you have to apply.