The Fairy Pools, Isle of Skye - Added to Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty in Scotland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

The photogenic Fairy Pools on Skye, within an SSSI for Fauna, but no FRZ and there was no signage prohibiting drones.

The walk is a steep one down - and steeper coming back up - and although states 20 minutes, I would allow at least 2 or 3 hrs for exlporing and flying the drone - watch out for people, as you can see on my video, it is popular, and you need to keep distance unless you are using a MINI.

We visited on a Thursday morning, about 1000am,. and it was busy already, car park and loos, reasonable parking charges, but no other facilities, so take a drink along with you - although in summer I believe there is a good coffee shop a little further along the road…

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 26/10/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

6 Likes

Nicely done, fabulous location.

1 Like

Another location with great footage with superb accompanying music.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you kindly - I havent set it to general release yet, trying to space out my YT releases, but couldnt resist adding it to the map amnd giving you lot a sneak preview :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, music suggested tiself to me while we were there… Think I need t find a way to use Misty Mountains, Rohan and Gondor related music on a few Skye videos now - making my life harder for myself :wink:

Hard Rock! :rofl::rofl:

This version…