The Foley's Birmingham Meet. Next Meet On 14th October 2023

UPDATED NOW WE HAVE A LOCATION

Would you like to join The Foley’s at our first meet in Birmingham.

The date: 14th October 2023
Time : 10am.

The car park is situated right next to Great Barr Golf Club and St Margaret’s Church (in case you need to ask) It is an open lay by.

Both locations share the post code B43 7BA or what three words what3words /// The simplest way to talk about location

As you pass the layby you can not miss it as it is a bigger layby then what you would imagine. Park here and follow the layby round to the right and follow the path down. On the right hand side is a small solid mound of earth and we will be on the other side of it easily visible.

The meeting place is down a tarmac path with a small solid mound to go over and the what three words are what3words /// The simplest way to talk about location

There is a building within flight distance that has been left to ruin with a story behind it, details are further down this thread the location is what3words /// The simplest way to talk about location

Look forward to seeing as many of you that can make it.

Maps further down The Foley's Birmingham Meet. Next Meet On 14th October 2023 - #56 by Foley

Pictures of parking area / info about the building and more info The Foley's Birmingham Meet. Next Meet On 14th October 2023 - #32 by Foley

No drone police but do not be a knob and be nice…

4 Likes

Count me 8n. FPV compatible please heh

Possibly, would depend on the location and date, but if we could then we would…

I’m in mate

Might do :grinning: if its a good one :grinning: no pressure

People will always come to a meet Russ, don’t ask, just organise one :smiley:

You just need a location, a date, and a time - job done :+1:t2:

1 Like

Maybe given enough notice. Train/car at a stretch.

Train , all depends on whether Mick Lynch has his members out on strike :joy::joy:

Ok will see what we can do.

Most likely, but give a bit of notice, my weekends tend to get ‘booked up’ pretty quickly these days.

Meet at the DJI shop, walk up to Viccy Square and all throw our drones in the air outside the front of the council house building. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the replies, I want to make it a good one. I am putting a bit of work into this one and hopefully it will be a good one. I have one question though. One possibility is in a red NFZ and I have asked permission and the reply back is saying that it would not be possible until after 6pm summer and 5pm winter and my request has been put in. Firstly is this too late for people and also is it a pain to try to get drones with geofence to be allowed in a NFZ should permission be granted?

(This message was sent prior to permission being given but Air Traffic Control have passed it to the next department for consideration). I thew a few mad ones out there and see what I get back regarding permission. There is one place that is interesting as it does have an old building that is not in no fit for repair and sadly will be demolished soon. The land is now up for sale for a couple of million which is upsetting all the locals as they use it for their dog walking etc and if sold it will no longer be public. Want to make a meet more accessible for more people so more have a chance.

2 Likes

Another possibility, is outside of a FRZ :blush:

1 Like

I’ve edited it to the correct terminology :wink:

A meeting within a FRZ is not going to work, needs to be out in the open with no restrictions

2 Likes

Ok this was an arfield that is active during the day but were looking into persmission to fly when it is closed to air traffic. Not to worry, I was a bit adventurous on that one lol. Still looking at others.

which one?

Halfpenny - they replied with the times that are open for aircrafts and passed the request on

Dear Russ,

Thank you for your email.

The airfield is licensed between the hours of 0900hrs and 1800hrs during the summer, and 0900hrs and 1700hrs during the winter, 7 days per week.

I have forwarded your request to the FISO Manager for consideration.

Kind regards

Halfpenny Green Airport

Don’t ask, dont get but if unlocking zones or times will be a problem I am still looking elsewhere

Sounds like a great idea and I would love to fly there but the logistics etc for a local meet with them FPVers and that geezer with the wing @gunja99 :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

https://www.wolverhamptonairport.co.uk/pilot-information

1 Like

Yep it looks like I was a bit ambitious but I have other plans too.

I have one location that may have a mobile chip van turn up if someone hungry lol. Just got a few ideas. The airfield looks like it will end up awkward and costly.
Thanks for the feedback.