The Forth rail Bridge from the North Queensferry Side, Scotland

10 Likes

Thanks for sharing.
Another great video… I am pleased to be part of this great community

1 Like

and thank you

1 Like

I was waiting to see the “Richard Hannay” view …

I do like the way that bridge was built to resemble the Loch Ness monster.

1 Like

Nice one John :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

So cool, well done !

1 Like

Thank you

Thank you

I’ve crossed the Forth there by car ferry, rail bridge and the auld Forth road bridge ( not been across the new one yet :wink::wink:

1 Like

It’s a really good looking bridge to drive over

As a child, my dad used to drive us up to South Queensferry to see the old road bridge under construction. ( giving my age away now) :joy::joy:

1 Like

Nicely done, nice exposure. Be great to see a train going over the bridge too, especially steam. :+1: Big production value :grinning:

1 Like

As a bairn when going over the bridge back in the days when you could open a window ,would throw a penny for good luck.

Great video. Do you ever get challenged flying your drone in Fife considering Fife Councils Temporary Access Rights?

1 Like

nope if you understand the trespassing laws in scotland you can easily get round it, and the coucils cant do a thing, just remember they dont control the air space. just seen this they can whistle but read it again, If access rights are required as part of an appropriate programme of research or for commercial purposes a licence can be prepared. All such applications will be subject to charges including a non-refundable Administration Fee of ÂŁ250.

Temporary access rights

Drones, helicopter (and other aircraft) landing/taking-off, falconry, metal detecting, recreational vehicles (including quad bikes), airsofting, paintball, bouncy castles, and filming by third parties on Fife Council owned, managed and tenanted land (including land to which the public has a right of access) is usually not permitted, except in the case of filming for commercial purposes, by TV and film production companies.

If access rights are required as part of an appropriate programme of research or for commercial purposes a licence can be prepared. All such applications will be subject to charges including a non-refundable Administration Fee of ÂŁ250. Please email your enquiry to estates.enquiries@fife.gov.uk including full details of the access required.

Where consent is granted, public liability insurance must be in place for a minimum of ÂŁ5 million for each individual claim. The applicant will also be required to adhere to the relevant legislation and be a member of an appropriate recognised club or association.

Yep, those were the ones i was referring to. If you hand launch, is that considered taking off from their land lol?

@jaybee Not sure of the loop hole on that one John? I didn’t fly there because at the time I got a NFZ mixed up with a FRZ. If the above isn’t based on a bylaw, I presume tresspass is Fife Council’s only option to prevent you from TOAL? Love to know for my next visit to Edinburgh. :thinking::grin:

If you take off from private land council can’t do a thing.only the land owner can tell you to leave, and it’s not trespassing as they have to tell you to leave trespassing is only if you return

1 Like

Don’t forget though, to take off from private land it’s a legal requirement that you have the landowners permission to do so. If the land is private you pretty much need the landowners permission to do anything. Check out the CAA thoughts on this in this vid.

1 Like

@jaybee Sounds good to me John. :joy: I would have taken off from the BEAR Offices carpark/view point or from the middle of the Forth Road Bridge and Hopetoun House if I hadn’t have thought I was in FRZ. :roll_eyes: