:scream: how mucking futch? Okay eyes and ears it is :grimacing::joy:

I always get round that one easily!,
when the Wife calls I just say…

“it’s half past eight (or whatever time it may be)”

she replies

“Are you deaf or something !” :hear_no_evil:

2 Likes

It’s the surprise days or evenings out that get me in trouble,
She’ll spring it on me the day before…”were going shopping all day tomorrow” I have no bloody idea what’s she’s talking about!
She’ll say “I did tell you last week” I’m sure she didn’t but you can’t argue it :weary::joy:

We were at 500 feet in a Cessna, I was photographing village properties for subsequent sale via door-knocking. The viewfinder blacked out then cleared even though I hadn’t pressed the shutter. A Vulcan had flown underneath us.

Another occasion we were trolling around the Welsh valleys taking pictures of more isolated properties when my pilot said a very un-airmanlike word. I glanced up to see a Hawk (aircraft) heading towardds us then sitting on its tail and going (apparently) vertically upwards.

Neither potential encounter had been mentioned in the day’s NOTAMs.

2 Likes

If only a Vulcan had flown beneath me when paragliding! I would probably have died from an overdose of ecstasy!!! (The legal type!)

3 Likes

It was there and gone too quickly :frowning: We flew out of Coventry (Baginton) Airport from time to time and they had a Vulcan there, apprently flown in for museum use and permanently grounded as the runway was too short for take-off again. We used to stand underneath it on hot summer days as a respite from the heat.

The silence of paragliding would have meant you could hear it long before seeing it. Slightly bigger than the Italian jet trainers.

1 Like

What’d you mean exactly?

Macspite was in a noisy Cessna … You can’t hear anything that’s happening outside.
Paragliding is near silent (just a little wind noise), you can hear things a long way away.
Flown about 2000ft over a country show, and you can hear animals and people, and the music playing.

2 Likes

Agreed. The recognition system on the Matrice is a pain in the arse. I don’t give a monkeys about aircraft at 35000feet. Mavic Dual is the same as well.

2 Likes