The Grand Hotel, Scarborough

Not the best photo on a cold January at Scarborough (YORKSHIRE). Seagulls going ape buzzing the Mavic

9 Likes

I know the feeling very well Brian, had it myself in Blackpool the other week, great picture though !.

1 Like

So what’s the response at this point? Quickly climb? Sports mode and away?

1 Like

Yep, Up as fast as you can, birds can dive quickly, but not climb as fast.
Do not fly forward, just push stick up.
Certainly cannot fly vertically !

2 Likes

UP FAST, and away then down as quickly as possible when out of their way. I’ve had bird attacks a few times and found the best way is UP, for the reasons that Chris has said.
Only yesterday a bird of prey swooped down onto my Mavic but broke off the attack when I went up.
The first bird attack I ever had, I made the mistake of going down and a whole flock swooped DOWN, how I got away I don’t know, but it was close, I went back a week later and went UP, they flew around underneath but didn’t bother my Mavic again allowing me to clear out of the area.

3 Likes

Whats the time of day @Brian looks very quiet

1300hrs. Or 1 ‘o’ clock if you want it pre-decimal.
The beach only had a few dog walkers AND… wait for it…
FREE PARKING along marine drive until the 1st March.
That saved £7 for the day. So spent it in the shops, just to let them know the princes still walk abroad. Lol

2 Likes

Not done Scarbados for years (since they started charging for parking everywhere) usually end up down the coast nearer Hornsea (about my nearest coast)

Added a bit of Razzle Dazzle :wink:

2 Likes

Does that mean you ”HDR’d the shit out of it™”? :thinking:

:rofl:

1 Like

Actually I thought that was rather restrained :wink:

Now THIS would be HDR’ing the shit out of it!!!

2 Likes

I used to live at Withernsea till 5 years ago.

Hmm that’s nicer, looks almost spring like

1 Like