The Great Big GADC 5th Birthday and Treasure Hunt Challenge!

corrected :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Moncrieffe Island Allotments, taken on DJI Mini2, Friday 5th August around 14:20

Run by the Perth Working Men’s Garden Association, the site has 58 full plots (each of around 250 square yards) and 13 half plots. There is currently a 4 year waiting list. Situated on Moncrieffe Island in the middle of the River Tay in Perth, the island is also home to King James VI golf course and is believed to be one of only two inland island Golf Courses in the world.

1. Allotments :white_check_mark:

More than 24 sheds / greenhouses in view :white_check_mark:
    At least one person sitting in a deck or camping chair :x:
    At least one person wearing a red top :x:

Claiming 2 points

Thanks Darren. 2 points awarded.

For the sake of completeness, please could you edit your post to include the time the photo was taken along with the date?

Done, also date changed, it was friday, not saturday!!! Not being at work for two weeks has really messed up my internal calendar!

1 Like

Being old does that as well. :rofl::rofl:

Item entry 1. A Railway signal box

• A Side-Tank engine plainly visible in shot
  • Drone Scene entry

Market Bosworth Station
Taken on 6/08/2022 with Dji mini2 @11:20

Claiming points for :-

Total of 3 points please

3 Likes

Paint a little smiley face on the front and that could be Thomas. 3 points awarded :+1:t2:

1 Like

Entry

Item 9

A Country House Hotel
Talbot Hotel Malton North Yorkshire Taken 0801 6th August 2022 DJI Mini 3 Pro

Even has the 3 red table umbrellas !!( But not on River)

Bonus Point Claimed Marquee erected on lawn

Bonus point claimed Landrover or Defender in car park.

Bonus Point Claimed Drone scene entry.

John, we have a couple of issues with your entry for item 9, A country House hotel. We will not be accepting it.

Firstly the vehicle in the car park that we think you are claiming as a Defender seems to be a Range Rover Velar. Although more rounded in shape than the Series Landrovers and Defenders up to 2016 all the L663 models (New Defender) share characteristics not present in your picture:

More importantly your entry does not meet the definition of a country house hotel. The establishment’s own website describes it thus:

Our 17th century coaching inn is so much more than just a Yorkshire Inn with rooms.

Were the owners able to claim it as a Country House venue we are sure they would do so.

The building is rumoured to incorporate part of Malton’s medieval town walls. It is on one of the main town streets, albeit with gardens that incorporate the flood plain of the River Derwent. We are guided in our decision by this Wikipedia definition:

An English country house is a large house or mansion in the English countryside. Such houses were often owned by individuals who also owned a town house. This allowed them to spend time in the country and in the city—hence, for these people, the term distinguished between town and country. However, the term also encompasses houses that were, and often still are, the full-time residence for the landed gentry that ruled rural Britain until the Reform Act 1832. Frequently, the formal business of the counties was transacted in these country houses, having functional antecedents in manor houses.

We are not accepting this entry. You are free to resubmit a different entry for the same item with the potential for making a full score rather than dropping a point for an incorrect vehicle.

Thank you for your understanding.

Today has been a failure as far as this challenge is concerned :worried:. But more on that in a separate thread later :slight_smile:

I know the feeling, I have a missing RIB today due a seagull attack. This morning I hung around the marina until the divers’ boat set off and just as I put the Mini 2 up two seagulls decided to have a go at it. I’d taken photos at the same spot about half an hour previously and the seagulls didn’t bother, they hadn’t bothered with the drone on the other couple of occasions I’d had it in the air (see my post on the pano thread). The buggers were coming right down, even when it was nearly in my hand. :frowning_face:

Back to the drawing board.At least I have another house in mind

The-Lady-Killers-8-1280x1231

Learning that zero-hours contracts paid little when the Challenge was quiet, some of the less scrupulous team members resorted to desperate measures to ensure an income.

Have your efforts paid off? Click the Pic™ to be taken to the LEADERBOARD
1 Like

This is still wide open :scream:

1 Like

Got a couple today, but going to see if I can do better.

Mind you I have just seen a RIB on a webcam.

Now if I put it on the TV and fly in the lounge, will that count? :joy:

1 Like

My missing 5 points perhaps? :pray:

So is my wife, providing she can be used for bribery and extra points? She’s had two sprogs but both by way of C section if it helps?

Test successful!

We get so little feedback that we thought we would see if anyone actually looks at the leaderboard. And whether they draw attention to any deliberate mistakes privately and quietly or SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS in the open thread :sunglasses:

This is my entry for:

1. A Waterside Pub (no road between the pub and the water):white_check_mark:
  • At least 3 red table umbrellas✅️
  • Drone Scene entry✅️

3 points please :pray:

3 points awarded :+1:t2: