The Great Big GADC 5th Birthday and Treasure Hunt Challenge!

You never know things may change in a weeks time, just lately not being able to go out as planned has put a dampener on everything

Did you happen to drive by Market Harborough ? A few non green milatry vehicles about !

didnt go that way already got that shot
John

Taken 7/08/22, Mini 2, Carrickfergus railway station, Co. Antrim, around 7.45am

Just the one point please:
A railway signal box :white_check_mark:
A side tank engine plainly visible in shot :x:
Drone Scene entry :x: (nothing at the location that would justify an entry)

1 point awarded as claimed.

Not all competitors would be quite as restrained with their Drone Scene submissions. Last year we had people submitting entries for roundabouts with trees on…

The nearby entry for Carrickfergus Castle by @rab is more use than my signal box :grin:

St Mary’s Church, Cottingham, East Yorkshire

5, A Clock Tower

• Clock showing ten o’clock
  • Ten o’clock being 22:00
  • Drone Scene entry

Night photos are getting better - though it didn’t help in this case that the tower floodlight switched off about 5 mins before 10pm, plunging it into pitch blackness , so I had to decrease the shutter speed to 3s and up the ISO to a silly level.

I would like to claim 4 points please:

1 Like

4 points awarded :+1:t2:

Just noticed a typo in my drone scene entry.
I would like to clarify that Cottingham still *has lots of pubs etc … and not *had :man_facepalming:

Item 24. A Marina (for boats) - website or guidebook showing name includes “Marina”

Stourport Marina, taken yesterday 4:30pm, M3P

Just the one bonus point as Marinas seriously lacking in part of Wales I visited last week and pretty much every marina in the Midlands is not surprisingly all canal boats. No doubt someone more clued up will will gladly give me a huge list of Marinas in the Midlands with sailing and powerboats!! :smiley:

Both my options for ‘proper’ boats gave me 2 hour round trips so I went for the hope and prey approach to the one which at least had a funfair near by (all be it the elusive Ferris wheel also missing, so we hold off submitting that one just yet) and we also did the Severn Valley Vintage Cars day so made a day of it.

• Drone Scene entry

2 Points please.

1 Like

2 Points :+1:

Agree with you there. Every marina I’ve looked at is just narrow boats (although they are powered :joy:). Looking round Chester cus goin there next weekend to a mates boat funny enough… narrow boat. :smiling_face_with_tear:

@Challenges_Committee For the freight train task does one container on a bogey count as a carriage? :thinking:

Containers are carried on flatbed wagons with twistlocks. We consider the containers - there is normally more than one - and the wagon make a unit, most of the signage is on the container. As long as the containers show the same logo we would be happy to award the bonus.

So the above train scores for all the same type of wagon but not all the same logo

Cheers @Challenges_Committee . I’m beginning to dislike trains :joy: :joy:

19. A railway level crossing :white_check_mark:

• 6 or more vehicles waiting to cross :white_check_mark:
  • A red vehicle closest to the gate on each side :negative_squared_cross_mark: (close but no cigar)
  • Train crossing over the crossing :white_check_mark:

Taken today 08/08/22 at 14:23 with the mavic 2 zoom, i think the dual red cars is going to be a luck of the draw type thing.
I wasn’t even flying to get this, i went to get some shots of a 360 excavator working on the beach, then add some kilometers to my flight time, and spotted this; happy days :crazy_face:

3 points bitte.

If by “close” you mean “not at all” :smiley:

3 points awarded

bottom of the steps and by the house, i know they are not waiting but it says closest to the gate, not waiting at the gate :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

I do have a car park that is potentially closer to the gate than cars waiting…

Sailing boat off Scarborough Harbour, North Yorks
Mini 2; 08/08/2022; 11:21

15. A sailing vessel with a cabin

• Sails are unfurled
  • Sails aren’t white or off-white

This is a crop of the original.

Only 2 points please, as all the boats seemed to have white sails only!!

• A sailing vessel with a cabin
  • Sails are unfurled
1 Like