The Grey Arrows 2nd Annual Birthday Competition

#10 Clocktower showing 7pm. St Martin’s Church, Ashton-on-Mersey, which is an interesting and historic church. Flown from the churchyard, with permission. Reportedly, the weathervane on top still bears the marks of bullets fired by Buffalo Bill when he visited the area promoting his show. I got some close-ups which certainly do show dents which look like bullet impacts.

7 Steam Train:
Location - near Bridgend but not telling where exactly :slight_smile:
What: Tornado Steam Train - captured today at 18:30’ish - this is teh low res version staright off my phone.

1 Like

10: Solar Farm

22 Tennis Court

Sorry @sunstone but after discussing this with my fellow committee members we are unable to accept that link for the bonus point as the link is to a wiki-media photo page as opposed to a full wiki-pedia page that tells us everything there is to know about the item in question.

Sorry :confused:

2 Likes

@PingSpike Aaah ok. After looking again, is this link any better ?

:relaxed::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Number 25 - something over 100 years old. I’ve gone big here with 3,500 years old. Uffington White Horse

5 Likes

Number 11, a solar farm. This is just outside Grove in Oxfordshire. According to the interweb, it’s 150 acres.

http://www.renewables-map.co.uk/project.asp?pageid=3635

4 Likes

Leaderboard updated!

Almost no change in the order of the entrants other than @leeheyes moving up from 5= to join @BrianB on 4= .

Accepted, and leaderboard reflects this.

1 Like

Thankyou :+1::grin:

Agricultural field, Harvesting peas for Birds Eye.
Taken 15/7 Welwick, East Yorkshire.

They were tasty. Must have had quite a few pods while waiting for them to reach this end of the field.

4 Likes

Great photo @Rezzmo!

How did you get to be there mate?

And only two viners, rather than their usual three?

He went for a pea! :wink:

1 Like

Field at side of main road 3 miles away. Saw them in there on the way home from work.
3rd viner is out of shot further down field.

8 - Church with bell tower (and the beginning of a bird attack). Taken tonight in my Village

8 Likes

Great shot

Church of the Holy Trinity, Llandrinio, Powys
taken Friday 12th July, had to check if the Bell had to be visible before submitting.

1 Like

That’s really nice bud! Great angle… Shame the lighting wasn’t a bit better… Cloudy day? Looks like the sun was trying to poke her head through :grin:

What an AWSOME shot… So nice… Well done sir :+1:

Something over 100 years old
WW1 Acoustic mirror
Taken 15/7 at Kilnsea, East Yorkshire

3 Likes