The Grey Arrows 2nd Annual Birthday Competition

Great photo @Rezzmo!

How did you get to be there mate?

And only two viners, rather than their usual three?

He went for a pea! :wink:

1 Like

Field at side of main road 3 miles away. Saw them in there on the way home from work.
3rd viner is out of shot further down field.

8 - Church with bell tower (and the beginning of a bird attack). Taken tonight in my Village

8 Likes

Great shot

Church of the Holy Trinity, Llandrinio, Powys
taken Friday 12th July, had to check if the Bell had to be visible before submitting.

1 Like

That’s really nice bud! Great angle… Shame the lighting wasn’t a bit better… Cloudy day? Looks like the sun was trying to poke her head through :grin:

What an AWSOME shot… So nice… Well done sir :+1:

Something over 100 years old
WW1 Acoustic mirror
Taken 15/7 at Kilnsea, East Yorkshire

3 Likes

Lozzer, are you a weatherman? I set off in bright sun and it started to drizzle just as I launched. As I landed sun came out!might be able to tweak the RAW Version

1 Like

LOL - it so often happens that way!

And in reverse order… Lozzer announces his entry into The Grey Arrows 2nd Annual Birthday Competition… The Laigh Milton viaduct taken July 10th 2019

Here is my entry for #25 - I was told I had to make it interesting… this is the Worlds oldest standing Viaduct…

1 Like

@anon52324101, often walk the dog there, few minutes from my house.

1 Like

No way! Had I known, I would definitely have stopped by to say hi :+1:. Met a nice young lad (with a fruity smelling smoke) who was using his catapult to fire stones into the water. I actually went there to try and capture #17 but when I arrived, I was both disappointed and amazed at the discovery. I managed to capture an Abellio ScotRail train on the adjacent viaduct about an hr later. Will post in due course.

As you’re from the area, you’re going to recognise about 10 entries (still in processing) as I was in Whacky Races mode last week… My current favourite picture is a pending entry for #9… Rothesay Castle :grin:

My entry for #17 - viaduct with train (just about on it hopefully)… Taken 10th July 2019. This is the “third Laigh Milton Viaduct”…

2 Likes

My entry for #13 - the “original” (and far lesser known) Wallace’s Monument taken 10th July 2019

Provence from Wikipedia:

3 Likes

Well, I’ve been holding off a little on this comp, have been on holiday in Cornwall for the last week and slowly been trying to get some shots for entries here over the past few days.
I got up at 4am this morning and was undecided if I should go back to bed or get out to try and get the sunrise, I decided to get out and I’m glad I did as this entry will show as I’m pleased with the outcome.
#21, Above the fog, with

Taken at 05.39 on 16/07 near Roche, Cornwall.

8 Likes

Errrr …. seems like the “fix” didn’t fix this issue. Looking into it.

In the meantime, I’ll try and post 3 at a time and wait for someone else to reply :)…

Here’s my entry for #3 - titled “Come to me little drone… don’t be scared”

Taken July 6th 2019 starring @MiMo28 in the lead role :grinning: with @anon52324101 in the background to the left towards the closing curtain. This film was taken at Rickmansworth Aquadrome

1 Like

Here’s my entry for #2 - Lake with Jetty. Taken July 6th @ Rickmansworth Aquadrome

1 Like