The Grey Arrows 2nd Annual Birthday Competition

Here’s my entry for #10 - Clock Tower at Wemyss Harbour at 7am (just before I caught the ferry over to Bute for my castle entry. Taken 11th July. I went to 3 other clock towers over two consecutive days before I found one that was actually working at the right time of day… :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

#18 - Windmill with sails taken at Coleshill just outside Amersham on July14th

3 Likes

#19 - Adrossan windfarm with more than 10 turbines showing. Taken on July 11th

4 Likes

#20 - Working lighthouse… to get me to the half way mark (now I’ll stop posting for a few days).

This one makes me smile… I think it’s a bit like most of us on GADC… a little old, and perhaps in need of some repair, but doing our best to provide a valuable service to others :grin:

Ardrossan Lighthouse taken July 11th 2017

4 Likes

The Sun’s reflection in the Humber with clouds
Taken 16/7 at Stone Creek, Sunk Island, East Yorkshire.

3 Likes

Sunset tonight, through multiple trees, around 8.20, near Weston Heath, Shropshire.

5 Likes

Stunning @leeheyes :clap::clap:

1 Like

Crikey this is suddenly getting a bit competitive :laughing:

2 Likes

Nice shot Kvetner. I thought it may have been difficult to get a picture of this with being opposite Liverpool Airport.

Nice shot Klokman

Think you are right, it’s got to be the most active treasure hunt yet!!! :joy:

Wigg Island (and the bridge) is well outside the flight restriction zone, which is well to the west of Runcorn and Widnes.

1 Like

That’s utterly incredible :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

#5 Sunset through multiple trees. Taken on the Manchester Ship Canal earlier this evening, different place to the previous entry, this is at Irlam Locks. Not a great photo, sorry!

2 Likes

Thanks for the info I may also give it a try.

Seeking clarification: at Irlam Locks yesterday I took photos of some trees with sunset, a canal lock, and the sun reflecting in the canal water. Three different shots of different features, looking in different directions, but all taken within a few hundred metres of each other at different stages of the same flight. Can I submit the separate shots or only one? If the answer is only one, but I go back there tonight, can I submit a fresh shot from the same location?

2 Likes

Motorsport Track - with On Track Racing, courtesy of Telford Model Car Club - Off A41, Blymhill Common 16/7/19

Very kind of them to let me fly. I just wish I could use “The Chain” in the background :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Brilliant! Looks like tons of fun :rofl:

1 Like

20 Storey Tower Block - Wodensfield Towers, Wednesfield, Wolverhampton.

Taken from Wednesfield Park, 17/7 around 3pm.
Thought I’d make the most of the park before the kids break up for summer holidays and it becomes too congested,

2 Likes

13 Sandy Beach

Not much sun this morning but hey, pier and sandy beach…

4 Likes