The Grey Arrows 2nd Annual Birthday Competition

Thanks for the info I may also give it a try.

Seeking clarification: at Irlam Locks yesterday I took photos of some trees with sunset, a canal lock, and the sun reflecting in the canal water. Three different shots of different features, looking in different directions, but all taken within a few hundred metres of each other at different stages of the same flight. Can I submit the separate shots or only one? If the answer is only one, but I go back there tonight, can I submit a fresh shot from the same location?

2 Likes

Motorsport Track - with On Track Racing, courtesy of Telford Model Car Club - Off A41, Blymhill Common 16/7/19

Very kind of them to let me fly. I just wish I could use “The Chain” in the background :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Brilliant! Looks like tons of fun :rofl:

1 Like

20 Storey Tower Block - Wodensfield Towers, Wednesfield, Wolverhampton.

Taken from Wednesfield Park, 17/7 around 3pm.
Thought I’d make the most of the park before the kids break up for summer holidays and it becomes too congested,

2 Likes

13 Sandy Beach

Not much sun this morning but hey, pier and sandy beach…

4 Likes

Penarth is not sandy, it’s pebbles and mud :laughing:

1 Like

I’m your first subscriber on YT, what do I win? :laughing:

Sorry, @kvetner, to have taken a while to respond. This caused “some discussion”.

In brief, yes, those would be accepted.

We’ll try and edit that rule to better say what is meant - if we can come up with the wording.

2 Likes

Bugger! I could have saved 40 miles of driving to different locations. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Same here :cry::sob:

1 Like

Same for me… I’ve clocked up nearly 350 miles so far on this comp :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can tell. :rofl: I’m now having to wait to get to some of my planned ones.

Only when the tide is fully in but there is defo sand in my image :slight_smile:

This is not a general acceptance of all such posts.

Not going into the details, and a more unambiguous version of the rule will appear soon.

Like it is round here. Just big grains of sand :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you! I think what is intended is that the same shot cannot be submitted for multiple categories, and multiple shots of the same feature also cannot be submitted for multiple categories. Shots of different features visible from the same drone flight are acceptable.

1 Like

#24 - Motorsport track with cars taken 17th July 2019 at Bovingdon airfield / racetrack.

That’s The Mount Prison in the background too :wink:… Interesting that I got a warning when I took off (about a mile away from the prison boundary / geofencing) that if automatic modes caused the drone to enter that airspace, the drone would RTH… I didn’t want to test it :rofl:

2 Likes

It doesn’t count if you took it there from B&Q in a bag :rofl:
Only messing with you.

2 Likes

Actually, that’s just driving… If we’re including flights and walking it’s more like 1200 miles :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like