The Grey Arrows 2nd Annual Birthday Competition

Perfectly timed @stevesb :+1:t2:

Wow, congratulations! Everything comes to he who waits!

1 Like

Inadmissible for this Challenge. :wink:

3 Likes

#19 Wind Turbine + bonus for 10 or more, you can just see one of the blades of the 15th on the right.
Taken at 16.53 20/07, 8 miles North of Newquay near Saint Eval.

4 Likes

#4 Agricultural field, with a tractor.
Taken 15.55 20/07 near St Merryn, Padstow.
Not the best of photos, had to shoot down so I didn’t get all the caravans in shot from the nearby site the other side of the field.

1 Like

Number 16, tall building, plus two bonus points. Taken last night, the building in the centre is Beetham Tower in Manchester. Finding somewhere suitable to fly from was the biggest challenge, I flew from some waste ground at Pomona Strand. Quite a lot of noise in the photo, but I’ve cleaned it as best I can.

Until very recently, this was Manchester’s tallest building at 47 storeys, but it has been overtaken by the group of buildings on the right of the photo: Deansgate Square. The south tower at Deansgate Square has 65 storeys - once open, it will be the tallest residential building in the UK.

3 Likes

Number 3, dronie, bonus point for me plus @barryb. Taken on Bidston Hill, the Wirral, this morning.

1 Like

Very sharp, flying safe in cities always a problem! I had the same problem in Birmingham, knew how to get a 30+ tower, just no way of legally getting close enough.
Great effort :clap:

Lighthouse with light working. Taken at South Stacks lighthouse off Holyhead, Anglesey at very early o’clock this morning. Struggled to get enough light so has been slightly post processed, but i’m Impressed how much the M2P had actually captured and just needed extraction.

5 Likes

Conwy Suspension bridge, Conwy, North Wales, Suspension bridge with 4 towers (Thanks to @Rezzmo for inspiration) taken around 5am this morning just as the sun was rising.

4 Likes

Number 18: windmill, with bonus point for sails. Photo taken this morning.

1 Like

Number 20, lighthouse. Bidston Lighthouse, taken this morning.

Number 19, wind turbines, bonus for more than ten, this is Frodsham Wind Farm, taken this morning.

1 Like

Number 25, something over 100 years old. This is the Daniel Anderson, a steamboat built in 1903, on the River Weaver. Filmed this morning with permission. I struggled to choose a photo, so I’ll share some others on the daily photo thread (feels a bit like I’m spamming today, but it has been a busy morning!)

3 Likes

Least exciting photo of the day! 10+ Wind Turbines (Rhyl Flats & Gwynt y Môr arrays) taken this morning into the sun at 6.30am around 1 (nervous) mile off Old Conway beach, North Wales

3 Likes

Lake with 5 jetty’s
Taken 21/7 Hornsa Mere, East Yorkshire

2 Likes

Windmill with sails
Taken 21/7 Skidby, East Yorkshire

2 Likes

Brian
good to meet you to-day hope to meet up again sometime in the future.
Barry

Good picture Jeff nice to see a working lighthouse.

Gazz nice picture the sails really stand out…