The Grey Arrows 2nd Annual Birthday Competition

250 miles for a point in a competition I can’t win I don’t see the point sorry, add this to hundreds of miles I’d have to do for the others I don’t have there isn’t much point in me trying.
I’d have to sell an Inspire to pay for the fuel :rofl:

2 Likes

But you had fog with sticky-up-things! So, it’s all even! :+1:

2 Likes

That was luck Dave as I was on holiday :grinning:
I’d love to get a crop circle sometime but it would have to be one that is not well known, I can only imagine how many drones are buzzing that field right now :laughing:

1 Like

Getting crop circles is a lot of luck - even those reported are often flattened by the farmers before one can get there. Hell - they are often near me and I’ve visited two flattened ones already this year.

In the end, it’s all equally (un)fair for everyone. :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah I know, not saying anything is unfair, I think even if I got lucky with what I have left to find I could only get a max of 10 points so wouldn’t come close, the prizes are not important, it’s the badge as you know :wink:
I might get the odd one in if I find one while out but I’m not going to drive hundreds of miles for them now.

2 Likes

Item 15 - suspension bridge ( only two towers!)

This is Burgate suspension bridge which I believe is the only suspension bridge in Hampshire or Sussex, a quick 90 mile round trip today for this one!!

The hamlet is just to the west of the River Avon, and there is a footbridge over the river at Burgate.[2] The footbridge is a steel suspension bridge made of reused parts of a Bailey bridge, and was erected in 1949-50.[2]

4 Likes

That was mine last year! :wink:

2 Likes

I know :wink:

1 Like

Item 20 - Sandy beach (bonus point for a pier)

I had to wait for low tide for the sandy beach at Southsea to appear around South Parade Pier. Taken early this morning.

3 Likes

This morning I discovered how the competitive side of some members :eyes: can reveal their true colours.

Too late, I found out that I’d been lured to the site of a devious plot.

I was hoodwinked, mugged … nay hornswoggled … by an evil and duplicitous member!

At no time, until it was too late, was I complicit in this devious act of pure superb cunning! In my defence - it was early, and I’d only had one coffee!

But ….

… I was turned into a challenge dronie bonus point!!!

(Now let’s see if he dares to post the image that will bring shame and embarrassment to him and his family! :wink: )

5 Likes

Leaderboard updated!

@anon52324101 moves up one place to 2=

@BrianB moves up to 6th place.

E&OE

Entry for #14 - Sandy Beach with Pier… another 140 mile round trip :flushed:
Most of the top of the beach has shingle but even at higher tides, the sand is exposed this time of year (although a lot of it was covered in seaweed and chavs :wink: ). Taken this afternoon at Worthing

2 Likes

Very brave… I feel an independent judicial enquiry may be required if one of the competition judges aids and abets a precious bonus point… Followed by a public thrashing with willow branches :rofl:

1 Like

:rofl:

Well, I don’t quite remember it like that :blush:, I seem to remember an open message from

@OzoneVibe “Tomorrow morning is looking possible. Any interest early?”

And no sign of a hand up behind his back, especially as he is flying his drone and waving at the camera :wink::joy:

So absolutely claiming

Yourself
– A dronie
– Bonus point if the Dronie is of two.

And how about an extra point as one helpful club member is wearing GADC merchandise to promote :wink:

15% of all merchandise until 4th August

https://greyarro.ws/t/grey-arrows-merchandise-has-landed/6567/97

6 Likes

Yup - to which you responded. How about Friday …
Edit: forgot this bit.

… then (for some curious reason) today seemed to be a good idea. Was that the point you thought “I need that dronie with a club member!” LOL.

Either way … it was only a few secs before that pic that “dronie” was thrown into to the ring … by you. That’s when I thought “Ahhaaaaaa! I see what’s going on here!”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Great pic! My drone does appear to be doing an “Alien” emergence from my flies, though. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Perfect precision flying :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Taken this morning from almost the same spot as my picture of Whitelee Wind Farm. I spotted the fog on the way to work and took a little detour. The carpark had a little circle of clear sky that lasted just long enough to put the drone up and take a single picture of one of the turbine blades sweeping up.

5 Likes

Surely help from a committee member is instant disqualification :thinking::rofl:

2 Likes

… for the committee member! Byeeeeeee :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes