The Grey Arrows 2nd Annual Birthday Competition

Nice video of my local lighthouse… love that place.

1 Like

Well, it’s not very exciting, but tennis courts in the early morning mist in the village of Deddington, North Oxfordshire.

Nobody stupid enough to be up this early and playing tennis, of course!

1 Like

I used to go there a lot in my younger years, have only been there a few times in the last 30 or so, an excellent place for some stunning photos.

1 Like

Nash point lighthouse while on
01/08/19

4 Likes

Can still fly using my tablet lol

Went for a drive tonight to try and find a field with some activity. Gave up after almost 2 hours, only to discover the farmer was collecting the bales in from a field not a half mile from the house! After sunset, and much less light than I’m used to so the pictures are pretty grainy, but they’ll do until I find something better (or, rather, get better at low-light pictures) :wink:

5 Likes

Not bad at all,better then my effort with an mp2 pro :rofl::rofl::rofl: Reminder to self,must try harder !!!:rofl::rofl::+1:

2 Likes

Nice to see a night shot for the competition :+1:

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I forgot to upgrade my profile… I managed to get the PO approved by my wife for an upgrade to the Pro and these were taken on it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Above the fog with turbines protruding through
Taken this morning 3/8 Out Newton, East Yorkshire

11 Likes

Now that’s a much better picture of turbines above the clouds than my one-blade effort. Very nice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Stunning shot the the colours and the turbines cutting through the fog, awesome :ok_hand::raised_hands::raised_hands:

2 Likes

That’s a fantastic photo

2 Likes

Item 21 - Above the fog (bonus point for something protruding through)

Taken this morning (3/8) this is the radio tower on top of Butser Hill, Hampshire. I was on my way to photograph something else and lucky to see the mist above and so made a quick diversion.

I do have shots of it thicker, but loved the sun in this one which was lost in the clouds a few minutes later.

4 Likes

Hmmm. Something over 100 years old.

Decided to go (it also works for another bike ride :grinning:) for Tadmarton Heath Hill Fort, also known as Tadmarton Camp.

The history of the fort is not absolutely clear, but it seems to be an Iron Age hill fort, and possibly the scene of a battle in 913.

In more modern times the fort has lost the battle against the road to Tadmarton and the golf course, but is still very obvious from the farm side - the banks are over 6 feet high.

Co-ordinates are (52.0182163, -1.4362827), map ref is SP387356.

1 Like

Item 11 - Solar Farm (plus bonus point fo over 50 acres)

This is Southwick Estate solar park, Hampshire taken this morning 3/8. I had to use 360 to get it all in as it is 200 acres!

http://www.hiveenergy.co.uk/our-uk-solar-parks/southwick-estate/

2 Likes

Item 2 - Lake or Reservoir (plus bonus point if there is a pier or jetty in said lake / water)

This is Horsea Lake, on Horsea island taken this morning 3/8

Horsea island is home to the Royal Navy Diving School. The lake holds a number of items placed for diver training, including a helicopter, vehicles, and a 200-year-old shipwreck placed in the central section.

In the background you can see Portchester Castle.

2 Likes

I think that is a stunning shot @Rezzmo
Hope you don’t mind but here’s another view of it :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Nice!

Not at all Rob :smiley: