The Grey Arrows 2nd Annual Birthday Competition

Don,t want to rub it in but just looked outside and there;'s another rainbow. Bloody typical, wait for ages for one and then they all come at once :man_facepalming:

Rain and sun today and kept running out the house looking for rainbows :rainbow: :flushed:

4 Likes

I’m the same, It’s like having a bungee attached to me.:joy:

1 Like

Well, you are both luckier than me in the rainbow stakes.
Rainbows need rain. Not a drop here all day.
But I’m not doing the competition, so not the end of the world … for me. :wink:

Rainbow (let alone a fekking double!) is definitely a tough one. Very pleased to see a new entry today, really well done. I didn’t manage to capture one from within the UK and like others have said, I had my drone with me pretty much 24x7 for about a month looking. I think I must have sent my bird skyward 20+ times just from the back garden whenever I saw sun + rain. I’ll be legitimately upset if I see one in the Canary islands but I think it virtually never rains here :rofl:

3 Likes

Item 24 - A motorsport track (Bonus point if vehicles are on the track)

Taken in 4/8 at Angmering Oval Racetrack. Only took a couple of short clips (having to wait for the race start!) and I played around with it with Adobe Rush app on IPad. It’s very basic and would not use for larger amounts of footage. Taken flying further away than it appears form the track, flying over a nearby field. Shot in 4K and then post cropping.

2 Likes

Leader-board updated!

@Rezzmo up from 3rd= to 2nd
@anon52324101 down from 2nd to 3rd
@stevesb down from 3rd= to 4th
@BrianB up from 5th= to 5th on his own
@MementoMori down from 5th= to 6th

Gaz cool pic well captured…

Item 16 Tennis Court (bonus point with people playing tennis on court)

Not the best image, very windy and the Mavic Air not enjoying so a quick up snap and down again! However, if you look closed you can actually see the tennis ball in flight! Taken today 7/8 at Emsworth Park.

1 Like

Entry for #21. Taken on the day we left for the Canary Islands… Aug 2nd, at around 7am in Chorleywood, overlooking Maple Cross. Wife was well pleased that I dissapeared just as the car was due to be loaded up with cases :slight_smile:

Can’t personally see anything protuding through the fog but if anyone else can, I’ll happily take the bonus point :smiley:

4 Likes

Today I did a GADC Summer Competition Roadtrip. I had planned it a week ago and fortunately the weather stay kind to me.

The first is
Item 20 - Lighthouse (bonus point if lit)
Taken today at 5.30 am! This is the Lighthouse on Spitbank Fort, Portsmouth. The lighthouse has been modernised and so now has a modern small red light - see details in second photo.
You do have to look carefully to see the red light at the top.

https://youtu.be/5dWFRMS3Jd0

1 Like

Item 5 - sunrise through multiple trees! Bonus point as through pines

Taken this morning on a Hayling Island at 06.05 am
This was at the limit, taken at 5.6 metres!

5 Likes

Item 19 - Wind turbines plus bonus point for more than 10

Taken at 7am this morning, these wind turbine are Rampion wind Far off Worthing / Brighton. I believe there over 100. Apologies for the quality of the image but I flew out as far as sensible and they 13k+ away from shore.

3 Likes

Chicken! :wink:

2 Likes

Item 17 Viaduct with bonus point for train on it

Taken at 9.15am! this is the Ouse Vally Viaduct (East Sussex) which is part of a busy line down to Brighton.

https://youtu.be/cvEcEYzX1zU

3 Likes

Item 7 Steam Train (plus bonus point for another train moving)

This is the Bluebell Line, at Horsted Keynes Station taken at 11.00 am this morning. The strain comes in and then you have to look very very carefully at a little diesel train moving in the far right.

https://youtu.be/EYmIV0JIvGA

1 Like

Item 1 - Canal lock with bonus point for boat in lock.

Taken at 2.15pm today at the Wey and Arun Canal Trust, Loxwood, West Sussex.

I actually got there at 12.30 but the only boat was only half way in the lock. So I had to wait until 2pm for the next trip. Fortunately there was a very nice pub with garden, which made the wait very pleasurable!

https://weyarun.org.uk/

5 Likes

So now just have to find that elusive rainbow :rainbow::rainbow:

1 Like

As a flew out they just never got any closer! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You’ve done 24? Well done :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like