The Grey Arrows 2nd Annual Birthday Competition

Lolz… Just spent the last 45 mins taking the kitchen apart because my wife found maggots crawling around the cupboards and kitchen floor… They don’t bother me too much but the missus is going f**king apoplectic… She’s literally hysterical…

look for a dead mouse !

An early morning cycle ride before the storms set in…

Bloxham Grove - many many moons ago, around the time that parish fields were enclosed (1794) some of the local farms between Bloxham and Bodicote were merged by a local landowner, George Warriner (the local school is still named after him, and still teaches agriculture).

The whole family were big into modernisation, installing steam power, using threshing machines etc.

In 1865, Bloxham Grove windmill was built. You may have spotted it looks a little small - it’s a 1/3rd size scale model (with all the machinery) as a “memorial to windmills” by a family who realised that wind power was in terminal decline. It’s now a Grade 2 listed building,

5 Likes

Leaderboard updated!

@JoeC jumps up to sit in joint 9th place alongside @leeheyes

And @Renni-Aire also moves up, to sit in joint 12th place with @stubbyd

4 Likes

My entry for #12 - Crop Circle with news item. Taken this morning in-between 30mph winds, rain, lightening and thunder (and a bunch of security). Research suggests the rather disgruntled farmer is keen to flatten the field very quickly :flushed:

6 Likes

Congrats @anon52324101 - the very first Crop Circle entry :clap:t2:

Complete with a bonus point too!

1 Like

A damned pretty crop circle it is, too! :+1::+1:

1 Like

How many miles round trip?

Well done Lozzer !! great video !.
My bet is that you will be the only one to get one !.
Dedication That !.

1 Like

From home, about 150 miles… I stopped into work (near Staines) on the way to show my face :wink: then was with customers all afternoon in Hammersmith… so I probably did 250 today?

4 Likes

Commitment! Competitive commitment! :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Quite possibly… we’ve been harvesting for a few weeks already, they won’t be around for long :blush:

2 Likes

The problem with Crop Circles is that mostly, the farmers really don’t like them so want shot of them to stop idiots walking into the fields in search of extra terrestrial debris from the crashed saucer section… or muppets flying drones overhead :wink: … so unless you happen to live very close to one, it’s a risk driving there.

2 Likes

19th August was the last one in 2018.

Edit: Perfectly matches with the end of the challenge! :+1:

2 Likes

I fly back from Tenerife on the 16th after two weeks of getting fatter in the sun so I’ve only really got a few days left to capture additional entries… it’s a lot of fun! My wife thinks I’m fekking mad… then I pointed out that she’s just spent 49 hours watching every episode of Love Island and has absolutely nothing to show for it… I slept very well on the sofa that evening :rofl:

2 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Congratulations that man, glad you found it!

1 Like

Item 12 - Crop circle (with bonus point for news item)

I managed to capture this crop circle on 18th July at Fulley Wood, Tichborne, Hampshire. The crop circle could not be seen from the road so a bit of a hunt to find it. Just a shame the weather was so gloomy.

I hadn’t posted until know as didn’t want to encourage to many long distance journeys, as there’s no way I am getting a couple of the items on the list! :wink:

Well done @anon52324101 - that’s serious travelling!!! :+1:

6 Likes

Haha… Well done chap! Aside from you, I saw a couple of entrants within fighting distance of Wilts, Oxfordshire & Hants (@MementoMori & @leeheyes) where most of the circles seem to be being created, so hoped to see a couple of other entries. Although @Klokman @stevesb are going great guns and I wouldn’t be surprised if they get their mowers out :rofl:

1 Like

My lawn hasn’t been cut for a month in preparation :rofl: if I could only get the kids to stop playing with the hose pipe on it :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

250 miles for a point in a competition I can’t win I don’t see the point sorry, add this to hundreds of miles I’d have to do for the others I don’t have there isn’t much point in me trying.
I’d have to sell an Inspire to pay for the fuel :rofl:

2 Likes