The Grey Arrows 2nd Annual Birthday Competition

Thanks Rich but, Still the rainbow to go and a couple can beat me in points dues to bonus. So still a busy week ahead searching for rainbows!!!

1 Like

Thanks @anon52324101

Well I’ve given up, you’re too far ahead of me.

1 Like

Blimey, I go off grid for a week and you’ve all been very busy! Some great shots all round.
1 week to go - I hope you all get good flying weather (just not too good :rofl::rofl:)
Good Luck all - happy hunting!

2 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
They do exist outside my back garden! :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for the harvest to start - I managed to miss the oilseed rape harvest, and it was looking like the barley wouldn’t start in time. But, it did last night (rain has now stopped everything).

Hardly the greatest photo, but I was in a rush before going out for the evening, but it is agricultural fields with farm machinery nevertheless, taken last night in my corner of North Oxfordshire

5 Likes

I think I’m out, unless the weather forecast for the weekend improves dramatically!

Actually, a touch of lens-flare and long shadows, the rising dust from the combine … I rather like the pic.

1 Like

My brother just walked in ( I’m visiting my dad in Leicester) he’s just seen a triple rainbow on the way here. I rush out side, nothing it’s gone FFS.

2 Likes

The weather for the remaining week suggests there’s still plenty of opportunity. :+1:

3 Likes

Leaderboard updated!

This update sees @BrianB jump from 5th place to take 1st place :scream:

We also see @Renni-Aire split away from @leeheyes to take sole 11th place too :+1:

THERE IS STILL ONE FULL WEEK REMAINING!

And with the points being so close, there is still everything to play for!

Good luck everyone!

3 Likes

Thurso Castle this morning - pretty foggy and overcast. Doesn’t have a moat.

4 Likes

Canal Lock with boat in lock for bonus taken this morning at 10:40.
I was refused permission to fly at the locks, so went to the other side of a field and took off from there and flew back a nd got the shot. winds were high and from behind me so I had to tack to get the drone back to me and it struggled the flight path back is because of the wind until I was sure I could drop the height

flight path

4 Likes

Squeaky bum time I’d imagine :flushed:

Just a little.:grin::poop:

Solar farm, over 50 acres for bonus point.
taken this morning at 8:30 near Ashby-de-la-Zouch in the high winds.

3 Likes

That’s what i like to see!, a man who can bend the rules !.
Well done Steve.

2 Likes

Castle, with moat. taken yesterday at 14:14
Its English heritage so another rule bend :wink: took off from Ratby lane to the east .

4 Likes

The old windmill at Castlehill (Castltown) in Caithness. Taken this morning (10/08). Don’t think it’s had any sails for at least a century - it was replaced by a steam engine at the quarry in the 1860s.

3 Likes

Some of the old workings at Castlehill (Castletown) in Caithness. In the early 1800s, Caithness flag was quarried here and shipped as far afield as Australia.

2 Likes