The Grey Arrows 2nd Annual Birthday Competition

:laughing:

My understanding is that the distances from vehicles or structures in the drone code only apply to surveillance UAS (Article 95 of the ANO) therefore the only requirement for RC planes without cameras is the more general obligation to fly safely (Article 94). Happy to be told if I’m wrong!

1 Like

No you are right @kvetner that the 30m, 50m and 150m don’t apply to the model planes (unless they have a camera fitted). I had forgotten that it’s only the 400 ft height restriction and the FRZs that apply to them. :+1:

1 Like

Leaderboard updated!

This update welcomes @robwakefield99 to the challenge with a flurry of last minute entries!

Both @Rezzmo and @stevesb advance in points but remain locked in joint 3rd place, putting them both just two points behind a 2nd place slot!

@JoeC and @kvetner both also increase their point total but similarly stay in the same position on the leaderboard!

And @Renni-Aire moves up to 9th!

THE CHALLENGE CLOSES AT 10PM ON FRIDAY!

2 Likes

Being the last day today I just want to wish you guys that are up tops fighting it out for the crown a very successful day, may the best man/woman/drone win!
I’ve got to say I’ve realy enjoyed watching this competition progress, there have been some superb shots .
happy birthday GADC.
:+1::+1::+1:

7 Likes

1 Like

Agricultural field, with tractor for bonus.
after spending last weekend driving round Leicestershire trying to find a tractor etc in a field where there are thousands of fields, and not finding one, last night I thought this is my last chance so drove half an hour from home. didn’t see anything so put the drone up in the off chance. As I was taking a shot of a field just so I could get at least one point I spotted something on the screen which looked like it was either a stack of bails or maybe just maybe, so flew out to it, and guess what, yes it was happy days for me.

location is here just off the A6 near Scorton, I flew from the layby on the A6 a little lower on the map

2 Likes

with out a miracle I don’t think I will be doing rainbows or fog now :disappointed_relieved:

I did actually see a double rainbow in Tenerife… And I was under water at the time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:… On one of the rides at Siam Water park, you travel through a shark tank. I reckon it was more some sort of light refraction but just for a moment, I wished I had my drone with me… Oh, and that Tenerife was part of the UK :rofl:

2 Likes

Couldn’t find a tennis court with people playing where I could legally fly, so I went to see a customer of mine and asked a cheeky question.

Tennis court with Ann (my other half) and myself trying to play tennis
Taken 8/8 Patrington Haven, East Yorkshire

5 Likes

it must be true it’s in the paper. Took this on the 27/08 the same day I took the tall building and the suspension bridge. nearly forgot it, must thank her in doors for reminding me.

4 Likes

You’ve been to the future?? :scream:

sorry 28/07 my numerical dyslexia kicking in.

You won’t notice a random ten point deduction for no logical reason, then. :wink:

3 Likes

lol…

1 Like

it’s not that bad, just sometimes I read a number wrong but write it down right, or vice versa

1 Like

just been out side in a last ditched hope of a rainbow. nada, but some nice dark moody clouds over Morecambe bay.

Ok - let’s get this rolling… I suspect 1-2 others are holding back too… my rationale for waiting until now was not to try and provide an incentive for other competitors to go the extra mile but I also didn’t want to put people off trying to get every last entry in… As the sun has set, I can’t get the rainbow… so here’s everything else I have in order…

Entry #4 Agricultural field - Bonus point if there is a tractor, sprayer or harvester in the field. Taken July 18th in a field near Oxford, on my way back from the Solar Farm entry

2 Likes

#15 - Suspension bridge - Bonus point if it has at least three towers. Taken July 12th - I drove from West Kilbride to Edinburgh and then right back to Glasgow airport for this one… Queensferry Crossing

3 Likes
  1. Tall Building (with 10 or more storeys)
    – Bonus point if 20 or more storeys
    *– Additional bonus point if 30 or more storeys

Drove for 3 hrs from work to capture this in Croydon. I gave up trying to get The Shard as work didn’t permit me to find somewhere within distance that would have captured a reasonable shot

Saffron Tower - 43 stories, taken July 15th

4 Likes