The Grey Arrows 3rd Annual Birthday Competition and Treasure Hunt

Shame - nice idea the taking off / landing from the remains of the old runway. :+1:

2 Likes

Can I swap it to the car boot sale entry instead?

Not seeing any visual evidence of a Car Boot Sale, I think this rule might be an issue:

It’s a special socially distanced Covid 19 car boot sale. You can see one van in the Centre when I land. The other seller is around the corner out of site

2 Likes

Disallow?
The Gypsy’s horse is part of my photo :thinking:

Taken today at huntspill, near highbridge, Somerset.

2 Likes

But there’s no bonus for a Gypsy horse on its own.
So, the only item being submitted is a caravan, which is way off the the right in a different county.

1 Like

Haha is my new one better :wink::+1:t4:

Taken in Kingston St Mary, Taunton, Somerset, around 5pm today with my lil friend bubbles

7 Likes

You might meet my next-door neighbour over there if you are conspicuously flying at Ford. He’s the senior officer at HMP Ford who will immediately suspect you of trying to fly contraband over his fence :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have just looked back now at this in more detail ( I was still out on the road when I posted) and its quite close to the bonus point, I hadn’t counted until now and there are over 50 tanks just 30 odd of them are the round tanks.

Close but no cigar. + my submission doesn’t clearly show a clear quantity.

1 Like

Indeed - on both points. :+1:

2 Likes

I could have cropped the image of the cows as there was a large group laying down but…I have Integrity (plus I was in a rush as I was working :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

S bend on Sinderland Road near Altrincham, this evening. Bonus point claimed.

6 Likes

Holy sh*t! What a stupid, stupid, dangerous place to overtake a cyclist. :frowning:

3 Likes

Happens all the time on that road, which I’ve driven down and cycled down plenty. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Important Notice

As a result of some queries raised, and interpretations made in some submissions, it has become clear that a little clarification was needed for a couple of the treasures to be hunted, and for one of the rules.

The clarification/changes are shown in bold in the following excerpts from the first post in this thread.

Items

1. A repurposed quarry
    Must be repurposed - being operated in an organised manner.
    – Bonus point if Wikipedia link included to the new purpose

2. An RAF airfield
    Must have been last used for any flying activities on/before 31/12/1949
    – Bonus point if the original Hanger buildings are still in use
    – Bonus point if the original Control Tower building still exists

Rules - Capturing Images/Video

• Media must be shot using your drone while it is flying. The height at which it is flying must be adequate to give no doubt that it was flying.

Thanks to all those that have participated so far - and it is hoped that many more of you will be making your entry submissions very soon.

4 Likes

Leader-boad updated.

[1] @McSteamy2010 [14 points]
[2=] @macspite [5 points]
[2=] @Neil79 [5 points]
[2=] @kvetner [5 points]
[5=] @stevesb [4 points]
[5=] @JoeC [4 points]
[5=] @TonyDM [4 points]
[8=] @Drones-CL [2 points]
[8=] @Jhdee [2 points]
[8=] @Fatboy [2 points]
[11] @Meondrone [1 points]

(E&OE)

Amended

1 Like

Bonus point requested for cars in both directions on the s-bend. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Well good luck everyone.

Can’t see me entering this year but I will watch with interest.

4 Likes