HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US
The Grey Arrows Drone Club is pleased to announce that on 17th August we’ll be THREE years old!
In order to celebrate our third birthday, much like last year, we’re holding a Birthday Competition, with actual PRIZES!
In keeping with tradition we’re also offering you the chance to win a super rare, exclusive badge to grace your Profile page! Haven’t heard of GADC’s awesome awards? Check out our announcement regarding Badges, Awards and Challenges.
So, without further ado:
Welcome to the ‘2020 Treasure Hunt and 3rd Birthday Competition’.
The objective is simple - collect (by means of photo or video) as many of the treasure hunt items listed below in the allotted time frame (approx. seven weeks).
Each treasure hunt item collected earns you one point. Bonus points are also available for all treasure items.
The winner will be the person who has ‘collected’ the most points at the end of the Competition.
We have three actual PRIZES available for you to win in our Birthday Competition!
The prizes are:
2nd Place Winner - £50 to spend at Hobby Mounts
3rd Place Winner - £25 to spend at Hobby Mounts
We also have a special little secret prize for each of the three winners too, which will be revealed at the end of the competition
Note: This competition is not sponsored by Hobby Mounts. We, Grey Arrows Drone Club, have no affiliation with Hobby Mounts.
On top of the physical prizes, we also (and more importantly!) have three exclusive awards available for you to win in our competition. They are:
1st Place Winner - Gold Trophy
2nd Place Winner - Silver Trophy
3rd Place Winner - Bronze Trophy
There are 25 treasure hunt items to collect and a further 40 bonus points available, giving a total of 65 possible points:
– Bonus point if people are playing
An Eddie Stobart truck and trailer
– Must be moving
– Bonus point if more than 1 in the shot (Example)
A monkey puzzle tree
– Bonus point if there is a monkey in it (real or stuffed toy)
Cows in a field
– Note, cows - plural
– Bonus point if they’re all laying down
An ‘S’ bend
– Bonus point for cars going in both directions (Example)
Gypsy (type) caravan (Example)
– Bonus point if moving
– Bonus point if also being drawn by a horse
Harvester in a field
– Bonus point if NOT made by Claas (Example)
– Bonus point if there is a lone tree in the same field
– Bonus point if a tractor is in the same field
– Bonus point if three harvesters in same field
– Bonus point if transferring crop to a wagon/trailer
– Bonus point if moving (video entry required to claim this bonus point)
– Bonus point if 5 or more are painted in more than five different colours (Example)
– Bonus point if 15 or more in the shot
VW Camper van
– Must be a Type 1 / First generation model (Example)
– Bonus point if split screen
– Bonus point if surf board on roof
A brewery or distillery
– Bonus point if horse-drawn dray cart in the same shot
– Bonus point for Brewery Name clearly visible on a truck
A train station
– Bonus if more than 5 or more platforms
– Bonus if there’s a passenger train visible at each of the 5+ platforms
A sewerage treatment facility
– Bonus point if more than 50 circular filtration tanks (Example)
A sequence of four or more canal locks (Example)
– Bonus point if there’s a barge in each lock
– Bonus point if selfie pic included of you drinking wine at the vineyard
A repurposed coal mine
– Must be repurposed - not just abandoned
– Bonus point if pit head winding gear also in shot
A repurposed quarry
– Must be repurposed - being operated in an organised manner.
– Bonus point if Wikipedia link included to the new purpose
An RAF airfield
– Must have been last used for any flying activities on/before 31/12/1949
– Bonus point if the original Hanger buildings are still in use
– Bonus point if the original Control Tower building still exists
A motorway and railway line
– Must be running alongside each other
– Bonus point if there’s a canal visible in the same shot
A recreational lake
– Must have at least one of: Paddle Boat, Sailing Boat, Windsurfer, Kite Surfer, Water Skier, Wakeboarder in the same shot
– Bonus point for three of those sports taking place
– Bonus point for each additional of those sports taking place
A train entering/exiting a tunnel
– Bonus point if powered by a steam locomotive
– Bonus point if a video of the steam locomotive in reverse
Car boot sale
– Bonus point if more than 50 stalls clearly identifiable
– Bonus point if horses being used
– Bonus point if a four horse team being used
A UNESCO World Heritage Site
– Bonus point if you’ve posted photos/videos of this site previously - (link must be provided)
Anything in The Guinness Book of Records
– WIldcard entry - make sure it’s interesting, this is a Competition remember!
– Bonus point if captured during the same calendar month that the record was achieved
The rules and small print for this challenge are as follows:
- This challenge runs from Saturday 18/07/20 ( the opening date ) to Friday 04/09/20 (the closing date ).
- Your entries must have been captured between the opening date and the closing date
- Media taken outside of these dates will not be eligible.
- Media must be shot using your drone while it is flying. The height at which it is flying must be adequate to give no doubt that it was flying.
- All media must have been captured in the UK (For our overseas members, all media must have been captured in your home country)
- Your shot must be framed. Objects not centred in the shot will be classed as flukes and will not be eligible
- Entries must be taken within the guidelines of the Drone Code
- The collected item does not have to be in working operation - A disused log cabin is equally as eligible as a log cabin currently in use
- Only one item on the Treasure Hunt list can be claimed per shot/entry.
- No two entries can be of the same location in order to claim multiple treasure claims
- You must post your entries to this thread between the opening date and the closing date (feel free to also post / duplicate them in the #photos or #videos categories if you wish).
- Media posted to this thread outside of these dates will not be eligible.
- You may submit no more than two entries during the same calendar day
- You must only submit one entry per post / reply (so we can link directly to it) - Posts containing more than one entry will be deleted and you will need to re-submit your entries separately.
- Your entry must
a) state the item number it relates to, and
b) which, if any, bonus points relating to that item you are claiming
- You must tell us when and where (geographically) the photo/video was taken and provide some information about any significant items included in the view (what it’s called: a church name, for example)
- Videos must be a maximum of 30 seconds and may contain time-lapse and/or hyper-lapse
- Once your entry has been confirmed as eligible and/or added to the Leaderboard it may not be replaced or substituted for another entry at a later date
- The member with the highest number of points at 22:00hrs on the closing date will be deemed the winner and that member will be awarded the exclusive 1st Place Gold Trophy. The member with the second highest number of collected items will be awarded the 2nd Place Silver Trophy and the post with the third highest number of collected items will be awarded the 3rd Place Bronze Trophy
- The first person to collect all the items and/or earn all available points may not necessarily be the winner (we understand people have jobs, families, lives to lead, etc)
- In the event of a tie at any position the Grey Arrows Drone Club Committee reserve the right to declare an outright winner at that position
- If you are unsure about the definition or specific requirements of any item in the treasure hunt list please ask first, before going to the effort of capturing your intended subject. If you are uncomfortable asking in public you may PM any Committee member for clarity and confirmation
- The committee reserve the right to modify the rules at any time, including retrospectively to existing entries, where the committee decide there was an unforeseen loophole that has been exploited.