The Grey Arrows 3rd Annual Birthday Competition and Treasure Hunt

For item 20 - A Recreational Lake - do you really mean a paddle boat or is it a paddle board (SUP) ?

A “paddle boat”, as often rented to kids at such locations.

eg:

Or a pedalo

Ah…a pedalo, got it.

1 Like

Not necessarily. A pedalo is foot operated, but a paddle boat can be foot or hand operated.

They are both propelled by paddles … hence “paddle boat”

1 Like

I claim a point for Item 13 - A sewage treatment facility

Unfortunately no bonus for 50+ tanks

Taken 22/07/2020 at 15:20 from Broadmarsh Country Park

Airdata flight track

Fun Facts:

Budd’s Farm is the largest treatment facility south of the M4, serves the Havant and Portsmouth areas - around 400,000 people.

Situated on the shores of Langstone Harbour into which spillages have occurred causing Southern Water to receive record fines

Amongst fish species common to Langstone Harbour Southern Water have added copious stocks of Brown Sea Trout and Mersey Cod.

It is unknown which resentful genius decided that, with the local prevailing wind coming from the south-west, the facility should be built south-west of the town of Havant. Expensive odour elimination at the plant is ineffective.

6 Likes

Many thanks for adding interesting information to your entry!. :+1:

2 Likes

Leader-boad updated.

[1] @McSteamy2010 [16 points]
[2] @Neil79 [7 points]
[3] @macspite [6 points]
[4] @kvetner [5 points]
[5=] @stevesb [4 points]
[5=] @JoeC [4 points]
[5=] @TonyDM [4 points]
[8] @Meondrone [3 points]
[9=] @Drones-CL [2 points]
[9=] @Jhdee [2 points]
[9=] @Fatboy [2 points]

(E&OE)

2 Likes

Unfortunately I won’t be adding to this properly for at least 3-4 weeks now so I will have some catching up to do :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Us bloody scousers get everywhere!

1 Like

I claim a point for Item 13 - A sewage treatment facility

taken today this afternoon beddington sewage works

Beddington sewage works treats the wastewater of 405,000 people in Croydon, Thornton Heath and Carshalton . The site produces around 80 per cent of its electricity by converting biogas from sludge.

4 Likes

Please edit/delete/add to your posts as necessary.

1 Like

item 1 golf Mitcham common golf coarse wed 22nd
plus bonus for players

Golf has been played on the Common since the Conservators first granted a concession to the Princes Golf Club Ltd in 1891. Over the years that followed the Club became popular and a clubhouse was erected on railway-owned land close to Mitcham Junction station.

4 Likes

Well, you learn something new every day.

I lived and worked in Mitcham for over a decade. Never knew it had a golf course :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Although looking at a the colour of that “grass”, it’s perhaps understandable why :rofl:

2 Likes

the other pics i have doesn’t look to bad the greens are really well kept
where did you work you must of passed it

Without going too far off topic (this is a Challenge thread after all), town centre for a couple of years then Figgs Marsh for the remainder, c1989 to 2000.

1 Like

Important Notice

Another minor rule clarification/edit.

• You must only insert one photo or video per post / reply (so we can link directly to it) - Posts containing more than one will be deleted and you will need to re-submit your entries separately

… becomes …

• You must only submit one entry per post / reply (so we can link directly to it) - Posts containing more than one entry will be deleted and you will need to re-submit your entries separately.

This change is important since other information needed to validate an entry may also be in photo/image format.

1 Like

No 1 Golf course
Bonus point if people are playing
Taken at Beverley Westwood Golf course, East Yorkshire.

4 Likes

Just to cheer everyone up - I have just read this while searching for places to go::

The father of all four-way interchanges, cloverleaf junctions started appearing in Germany and the USA during the 1920s, connecting the world’s earliest motorways. They’re widespread across the world - but in the UK, there are only two of them.

Happy flying! :slight_smile:

4 Likes