The Grey Arrows 3rd Annual Birthday Competition and Treasure Hunt

Well, you learn something new every day.

I lived and worked in Mitcham for over a decade. Never knew it had a golf course :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Although looking at a the colour of that “grass”, it’s perhaps understandable why :rofl:

2 Likes

the other pics i have doesn’t look to bad the greens are really well kept
where did you work you must of passed it

Without going too far off topic (this is a Challenge thread after all), town centre for a couple of years then Figgs Marsh for the remainder, c1989 to 2000.

1 Like

Important Notice

Another minor rule clarification/edit.

• You must only insert one photo or video per post / reply (so we can link directly to it) - Posts containing more than one will be deleted and you will need to re-submit your entries separately

… becomes …

• You must only submit one entry per post / reply (so we can link directly to it) - Posts containing more than one entry will be deleted and you will need to re-submit your entries separately.

This change is important since other information needed to validate an entry may also be in photo/image format.

1 Like

No 1 Golf course
Bonus point if people are playing
Taken at Beverley Westwood Golf course, East Yorkshire.

4 Likes

Just to cheer everyone up - I have just read this while searching for places to go::

The father of all four-way interchanges, cloverleaf junctions started appearing in Germany and the USA during the 1920s, connecting the world’s earliest motorways. They’re widespread across the world - but in the UK, there are only two of them.

Happy flying! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

There you go then ;o)

1 Like

No 10 motorway intersection
– Whole intersection must be visible
Taken from B6135, Lofthouse, near Leeds. At 3pm today. M62

Thats my 2 for the day. :grin:

3 Likes

Don’t forget …

Sorry forgot is that ok info. Travelling all over :joy:

The when would also be useful.

2 Likes

Just done it. :+1:

3 Likes

@Neil79 dude, come on, which motorway is it?? :rofl:

2 Likes

anymore like what clothes I’m wearing.

1 Like

Taken today around 13:00 at RAF CULMHEAD, SOMERSET.
With the original Control Tower & Original Blister Hangar which is still used to store gliders.

Used between 1941 & 1946 for RAF Activities and is now a Industrial Estate.

Family detail: My Grandad Richard, Dick Johns as he was known by fellow comrades was also based here during these times on tele communications with Morse Code. I really don’t a lot about what he did as it was a massively top secret industry.

Permission obtained by Land owner, but to stay close hence the hangar in the distance.

2 Likes

McSteamy2010 Nice video and description :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thank you Neil :+1:t4:

@McSteamy2010 way too competitive Steve ;o) what do you do/did for living?

1 Like

Taken today in Taunton, Somerset at around 14:00

TAUNTON STATION has 6 Platforms. Unfortunately non with a train.